Unlocked Version - Tmobile WIFI Calling

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't have one but it's not likely that it would work. T-Mobile generally doesn't support WiFi calling on unlocked Windows Phones. They only do that for their own phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What T-Mo does...

Android and iOS have an app for T-Mo WiFi calling. WP does not so they put it in the firmware.

Last I heard, you can flash the T-Mo version to the unlocked via WDRT and that would get you there most likely. However, anyone who flashed an unlocked over to T-Mo is not able to revert to unlocked firmware.

YMMV

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Actually I believe T-Mobile whitelists devices to work with wifi calling, since it's actually baked into the OS these days on iOS and android.

On iOS, it is, it detects it when you put in the SIM. On Android, not so much, it's phone dependent. Some OEMs do the certification with T-Mobile, some don't. It's not exactly an Android given.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
For Windows 10 Mobile? Not sure on T-Mobile. However from my perspective and what I know so far, if it is anything like AT&T then it would involve Carrier specific SW or baked in settings for the ROM on the phone and a white listed subset of devices (Certified IMEIs) from that OEM for the carrier. However AT&T won't even go that far yet. We can get VoLTE services but Wifi Calling is excluded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb