Alcatel Idol Pro 4s IMS: Not registered

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, having problems with my Idol 4s with the IMS: not registered. I purchased it at Amazon and it's not getting data. Tried setting APN etc, called my provider, sit's not the sim, called Microsoft, no help at all, no help from Alcatel. WTF!!
Does anyone know what I can do? As I purchased in the US and had it sent to Australia.

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
We purchase three of these from T-Mobile (TMO-branded, not unlocked) to use on T-Mobile's network and ALL of them have been having frequent IMS registration issues which results, in part, in not being able to connect voice calls over LTE.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The T-Mobile model has specific FW baked into the OS to make it work and be optimized for T-Mobile in the States. The Amazon model (NA unlocked) is specific to N. America (Canada and US) it has LTE bands 2,4,5,7,12,17. IMS is the IP multimedia subsystem for carrier VoLTE, data, media, etc. services. You could get Data without IMS registration. In fact it is strictly up to the carrier on which IMEI/Devices they allow to be provisioned for IMS on their networks.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
We purchase three of these from T-Mobile (TMO-branded, not unlocked) to use on T-Mobile's network and ALL of them have been having frequent IMS registration issues which results, in part, in not being able to connect voice calls over LTE.

Wonder if your issue is a result of something on T-mobiles end?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi All, having problems with my Idol 4s with the IMS: not registered. I purchased it at Amazon and it's not getting data. Tried setting APN etc, called my provider, sit's not the sim, called Microsoft, no help at all, no help from Alcatel. WTF!!
Does anyone know what I can do? As I purchased in the US and had it sent to Australia.

What carrier sim card is in it that you are having no data connection with?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I figure its is either something on TMO's end or some type of bug in W10 Mobile. Not sure, but it is annoying as hell. The device itself seems really solid.

everything is annoying about the 4s, they cant even put a recovery image on wdrt that ******* works. NO SUPPORT whatsoever from anyone involved with this phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I figure its is either something on TMO's end or some type of bug in W10 Mobile. Not sure, but it is annoying as hell. The device itself seems really solid.

It is a platform ID mismatch between what the FFU file expects compared to what is on your Open Market phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That is the messed up part. Even the T-Mobiles fail to flash, but is expected if you think about it. They are meant for the carrier based ROM.

The FFU itself is the problem from what I know...so far all the IDOL 4s phones have the same PLAT ID, it is just the Open Market FFU that needs the NA trailed on the Open market devices. Both the T-Mo and Open Market phone PLAT IDs are the same. ALCATEL.8996.IDOL4S. The FFU is expecting ALCATEL.8996.IDOL4S.NA

lachutm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I just purchase Unlocked Idol 4 S from Microsoft (99$) and IMS services are enabled with T-Mobile. HD Voice is working. I can't find how to enabled WiFi calling.

martzelx

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I have also bought it on Microsoft US store for 99$, and it is a good phone (for remplacing my older Lumia 950) but I have problems with MMS.
I live in France and my carrier is Bouygues Telecom. I have called them but no help because the phone is coming from US.
I have tried many APN settings and the best I can do is sending MMS but not receiving them. Is there a solution ?
Thanks for advance.

martzelx

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for your help, but Skype is just another Messsaging app but use the same settings.
I've tried and I had the same errors.

martzelx

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone is already a OpenMarket version, but this ROM does not contains original settings of my carrier.
I have compare the FFU of the OpenMarket version and the FFU of the Idol 4 Pro (the Europe version of 4S) and this last one contains all european carriers settings, but it seems that it is not possible to push it on our US phones because 4G bands are not the same.

You have reset your phone with XDA Tools or WDRT?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
You are correct about Skype except it can work over cellular or wifi. Meaning you would have functionality when connected to wifi as a temporary work around until you find a solution for the cellular data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte