eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I've made this thread before and I can't be ****ed to check,
But considering this is my second Idol 4s with this issue, I figured I'd ask.

When in VR apps like 360tube to be specific, does anyone's videos slowly start tilting to the right? Eventually getting to the point where you have to tilt your head in order for the visuals to be straight?
I've reset this using the WDR Tool, and started fresh (not from backup), but this issue persists. My previous Idol 4S had the same issue. Does anyone else's videos do this? It seems to get worse and worse as the phone gets warmer and warmer.
Can anyone be bothered to doublecheck for this issue on their Idol 4S?

MagentaManZach

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Mine doesn't have that issue. I had a Galaxy S5 in the past that did tilt though. It was an issue with the phone's gyroscope....which is hardware related and a reset wouldn't fix it. If it's happening on your device, it might be the same thing. Worst I've dealt with in my vr experience on the Idol is (rarely) a video or game will lag and the screen jerks over....only to come right back and align correctly.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't have that issue. I had a Galaxy S5 in the past that did tilt though. It was an issue with the phone's gyroscope....which is hardware related and a reset wouldn't fix it. If it's happening on your device, it might be the same thing. Worst I've dealt with in my vr experience on the Idol is (rarely) a video or game will lag and the screen jerks over....only to come right back and align correctly.
Its not a software issue as I did reset my phone. Both via the phone itself and via WDRT. Neither worked. So definitely a hardware issue. However I've since then returned the Idol 4S and got an iPhone SE.
I should check to see if my mom's Idol 4s does the same thing but she never uses the VR.
Anyway thanks for your input!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos