The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-09-2017 07:23 PM
43 12
tools
    @aj173
    Here is a link to an XDA post where I list some basic instructions and file to import to correct the mms issue if using AT&T. I have a feeling a few people more might need this. So I went ahead and wrote up something for now.
    anon(10197358) and RumoredNow like this.
    06-04-2017 01:14 AM
    Appreciate it, brother. I'm actually on Cricket, but if you got AT&T working, then I would assume that Cricket would work as well.

Also, I think it should be illegal for carriers to use software to cripple a phone. If I paid for the phone, it's MY phone, and it's ridiculous that a third party is allowed to degrade the capabilities of it without my consent (or even knowledge). I know that nobody cares, but that's my two cents, and I'm going to rant about it until I die.
    06-04-2017 10:31 AM
    Sure thing. It should work. The only difference might be the AT&T short code for sms to smtp. If you want to try it out and let me know.
    06-04-2017 10:58 AM
    I can't get Interop Tools working. I installed all the dependencies, but still can't browse or edit the registry. Any idea what I might be missing here? Do I need to be running a specific W10M build?
    06-04-2017 11:48 AM
    I can't get Interop Tools working. I installed all the dependencies, but still can't browse or edit the registry. Any idea what I might be missing here? Do I need to be running a specific W10M build?
    Go to the interop unlock menu in Interop Tools and turn on the NDTKservice button. Restart your phone. And it should let you edit the registry.
    06-04-2017 01:31 PM
    Tried it, but the button doesn't stay on, and restarting doesn't help. I guess I'm missing something in the dependencies. I'll have to sit down and go back over it tonight.
    06-04-2017 02:23 PM
    @aj173 @abhinavsaprey

NDTK = Nokia Device Tool Kit. So, it isn't installed on non-Lumia devices. To install it, read all instructions of For all other OEM devices subpart of ENABLE SYSTEM REGISTRY ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS part from the Interop Tools - A versatile registry app for all devices, Soon on the Store thread.
    Last edited by DylanCochard; 06-07-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    nate0 and RumoredNow like this.
    06-04-2017 02:32 PM
    Alctatel actually got a hold of me via twitter DM after I publically posted to microsoft, dona sakar and alcatel about the ****up with the bad release on Thursday and the fact that none can use wdrt for the open market because the ffu is ****ed also. Waiting on their reply now.
    06-04-2017 07:09 PM
    @aj173 @abhinavsaprey

NDTK = Nokia Developer Tool Kit. So, it isn't installed on non-Lumia devices. To install it, read all instructions of For all other OEM devices subpart of ENABLE SYSTEM REGISTRY ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS part from the Interop Tools - A versatile registry app for all devices, Soon on the Store thread.
    I know. It's installed. Those are the instructions I followed.
    06-04-2017 07:27 PM
    @aj173
    What do you mean when you say you cannot browse the registry? The app crashes? Maybe you installed it from the store? The store app is still under development and takes a different route to enable the same features. If that is the one you installed uninstall it.

To make it quick and simple find the latest dependency packages and appx zip files from that thread and use those. If you need more assistance let me know.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-04-2017 09:07 PM
    Yeah, that would probably be my issue. I didn't read through the entire (lengthy) threads about it, so I figured the store app was the best way to ensure that I was getting the most current version.

As an aside, I'm kind of surprised that MS approved such an app at all, given their propensity to restrict developer access to many aspects of the OS.
    06-07-2017 09:15 AM
    Yeah, that would probably be my issue. I didn't read through the entire (lengthy) threads about it, so I figured the store app was the best way to ensure that I was getting the most current version.

As an aside, I'm kind of surprised that MS approved such an app at all, given their propensity to restrict developer access to many aspects of the OS.
    The developer notes this as well, thanking Microsoft for making it possible to be able to even access the registry, let alone edit it. I am sure they have their reasons.
    06-07-2017 09:52 AM
    I guess when you are unable/unwilling to devote much resources to squaring away problems, you might as well peel off the child safety cap and let the community try to address issues on their own. I just wish MS was this open and dev-friendly five years ago when Android was still getting its legs underneath it. Things might have played out differently for us.
    06-07-2017 08:12 PM
    Great, I have the same problem with my two 4's, one is T-mobile and the other unlocked open market version, finally managed to flash from a windows 10 machine, would not flash from my window 7 machine even though my Nokia's are flashing fine. Anyway downloaded both versions of ffu on my windows 10 machine but when flashing the T-Mobile ffu got flashed onto both 4 s'? Totally confused now as some app's crashes constantly on the open market version but not on the T-Mobile branded one. I wan't to get my open market version back on it as it supports more LTE bands and does not crash apps. Please update and keep pressuring for fix.
    nate0 likes this.
    06-07-2017 09:32 PM
    Did the FFU (Full Flash Update) file issue ever get situated? Did Microsoft/Alcatel iron this one out finally?
    12-06-2017 08:44 PM
    I have a solution for this. Would anyone volunteer their Open Market device to reflash it with an alternative method? PM me if you would like to try. I have tested this method on a T-Mobile model and flashed it successfully.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-07-2017 04:40 PM
    If anyone wants to give it a go you can try to flash your Idol 4s from that method.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-08-2017 07:46 AM
    Tried today and all went pretty smoothly, thanks. my device h reset from a tmobile ffu back to the NA ffu. My device was originally an open market north American device which i had to flash to a tmobile firmware because i had issues with phone and the open market firmware was not available at that time on wdrt. As we all know the open market north American firware once available on wdrt was broken. with this method all has been corrected and my device is now set to what the firmware is on wdrt.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-09-2017 07:23 PM
43 12