Most Recent Fast Ring Build

suburbanl3g3nd

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Huge heads up to anyone running the most recent fast ring build on their Alcatel Idol 4s. The update killed the earpiece on my phone to the point where I couldn't hear anyone on a phone call without being on speakerphone but the recipient could hear me just fine. It only seems to affect the earpiece because Bluetooth and speakerphone still seemed to work (usually).

Using WDRT fixed the issue thankfully. Just be aware that it could make calls a little more difficult!

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up.

Are you with T-Mobile or unlocked phone? Because WDRT doesn't work for unlocked phones.

Have you noticed any "wind" noises from the speakers when Someone is talking or when locking/unclocking the phone?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up.

Are you with T-Mobile or unlocked phone? Because WDRT doesn't work for unlocked phones.

Have you noticed any "wind" noises from the speakers when Someone is talking or when locking/unclocking the phone?

I get that when cold booting it sometimes. Then about an hour ago I lost LTE and rebooted the phone. Speakers roared something awful for about 10 seconds during the Alcatel Splash screen. Not sure if the speakers just blew themselves or not. I have the unlocked variant on the Fast Ring, and I know the risks and have backup phones...

Anyway this is the second time that type of weirdness has happened to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster