Love this phone

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I know that Windows 10 Mobile is dead. Also, if I had to spend full price on it, I would not have done so. However, I paid $167 for a brand new unlocked Idol 4s at the Microsoft Store 3 days ago and it works well.

I love the text message reading through my bluetooth connection in my car, proper Onedrive Integration and fully supported Cortana integration. It has no issue connecting to the 2015 Dodge Dart Bluetooth connection I have so far. I also enjoy the fact that the screen can be set to never turn off.

I do have a Sony Xperia XA1 and is the only Android phone that works good for me. I also like the fact that the Idol 4s feels like it is the same size as the Lumia 950. I did have some data connection problems with the 4s but it appears that setting the APN to nxtgenphone took care of that.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know that Windows 10 Mobile is dead. Also, if I had to spend full price on it, I would not have done so. However, I paid $167 for a brand new unlocked Idol 4s at the Microsoft Store 3 days ago and it works well.

I love the text message reading through my bluetooth connection in my car, proper Onedrive Integration and fully supported Cortana integration. It has no issue connecting to the 2015 Dodge Dart Bluetooth connection I have so far. I also enjoy the fact that the screen can be set to never turn off.

I do have a Sony Xperia XA1 and is the only Android phone that works good for me. I also like the fact that the Idol 4s feels like it is the same size as the Lumia 950. I did have some data connection problems with the 4s but it appears that setting the APN to nxtgenphone took care of that.

This is great to read. Glad you like the phone. It's nice to see some positive Windows Phone feedback for once.

stodge

Jan 1, 2018
Visit site
Oh cool, I didn’t realize this phone would support reading text messages through a car. I wonder if it would work with a Nissan?

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Yep, thanks everyone. :) I know that eventually, this phone will no longer be usable but for a while and at least for the near future, it will continue to work and do want I want and need.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought one cause it was $199 CAD on black friday,

Using it full time right now cause I smashed my 950xl screen shortly after! Again! lol.

sameersaab

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Text reading from a car actually worked with Windows Phone 7 as well. Glad you're enjoying the phone, congrats on the good deal...Despite what editors say on this website, and despite MSFT announcing that it is throwing in the towel, windows phone still a great experience.

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Despite what editors say on this website, and despite MSFT announcing that it is throwing in the towel, windows phone still a great experience.

Yes and No.

I bought my Idol 4S a year ago, its my only phone. I really like Windows 10 Mobile and the 4S is a sleek and great phone but....

Microsoft has quit on Win 10 Mobile and it shows. The updates do not address a lot of the nagging issues, and Alcatel never put out firmware updates to address some of the phone issues. I have to soft reset and hard reset my phone way too often. There are too many bugs to call it a great experience. It could have been great and I am very sad that it is being abandoned, but at this stage the experience is OK, and going to get worse over time.

OriginalLucy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up one of these also on a boxing day sale from Microsoft in Vancouver. A very nice device, feels and looks pretty sharp and is quite fast to connect to web browser, etc. I am disappointed that there isn't any basic apps like my banking app, mobile provider app and radio tunes or siriusxm. However, I really like the quality and look of it and will most likely use it for travel and in my office for appointment booking and music. I just sold my Blackberry Passport SE, which I loved, loved, loved. Unfortunately, as apps were updated on google play, they stopped working on my Passport. Sigh, I guess android is inevitable. I do have the PRIV, but, was hoping for a different experience than android

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Well, I bought the one for $99 today from Microsoft, the one without the VR goggles. I am returning the one with the VR goggles because I have not used them more than once in 2 weeks. $70 back is worth it for me.

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I was on the fence - get a replacement screen for my 1520 (which I love dearly) for 50 bucks or this for 99.... what pushed me over the fence was using Microsoft rewards I was able to get another 25 bucks off so... new phone for 75 bucks? no brainer, I bought one

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I was on the fence - get a replacement screen for my 1520 (which I love dearly) for 50 bucks or this for 99.... what pushed me over the fence was using Microsoft rewards I was able to get another 25 bucks off so... new phone for 75 bucks? no brainer, I bought one

Excellent. Well, I received my phone today and have already returned the other one. The one and only thing I never liked about the Windows Mobile platform is the backups never work when I restore to them. I even restored the backup from my other phone through One Drive and of course, it failed to work. Therefore, I am resetting and doing everything from scratch.

FirstBerry101

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Pulled trigger as well. Switching from BlackBerry Passport. Hopefully the apps advertised on windows store are actually on phone and work.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Bought the Alcatel for 99 the other day. I'm having an issue with the Spotify app that apparently came ?preinstalled? on the phone. It is stuck at "pending". I've tried long-pressing and uninstalling, but nada. I went to the store and downloaded Spotify, but the pending one still shows up in my app list. Anybody else have this issue, or does anyone know anyway to fix the issue?

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Just got mine a few hours ago, it used the back up from my 1520 no problem, made life easy... don't like not having the glance screen though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett