Phone won't charge

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Been experiencing this problem since the last two days. When I plugged in my phone to charge, it just wouldn't charge and the LED wouldn't glow. I tried connecting it to my laptop but the device wasn't recognized, so I restarted the device. And while it was getting booted, there was a high pitch noise for an instant when it displayed the Windows logo. On searching about it, I found this thread: https://forums.windowscentral.com/alcatel-idol-4s/450938-sounds-like-blown-speakers.html

But unlike that thread, my speakers just work fine. The phone though was charging after the restart, but the catch is that it doesn't charge after few hours of starting up. Which means, when the battery gets low, I have to restart the phone to charge it. I have tried a soft reset.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried a different cable? I think it's a long shot, but might be worth a try. Otherwise, I think the only solution is a hard reset.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
did you ever resolve your charging issue w/ Idol S4? Have had mine for 1.5 yrs and it's been a workhorse, but it just started not charging. Have switched cables, plugs, soft re-boot and finally even a hard reset, still an issue. Also cleaned out the port w/ a swab, was dirty in there but to no effect.

Hope you figured yours out. I should have bought two of these when they were on sale at MS Store. If it dies, I'll have to go IOs (have a secondary line w/ Android that I can't stand).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa