After nursing my 950 last month or so (bought it 2+ yrs ago when they first came out), I finally jumped into my S4 that I bought from the MS Store liquidation last winter. It's been sitting here tempting me, but I was wary of the button configuration and some of the talk I've seen here about photo quality.

Nix on that, photos are great, I've come to love the on/off button location, and I really like its larger width over the 950, balances better in my hands.

My only concern is the camera button, which is very awkward and small, but getting used to that, as well. Still, it has a brief but fatal delay before firing, so need to figure that out.

Nevertheless, I am here celebrating my ongoing WM10 experience and not having to pay homage to the thieves at Gurgle and the frauds at Apple.
    05-16-2018 07:15 PM
    After nursing my 950 last month or so (bought it 2+ yrs ago when they first came out), I finally jumped into my S4 that I bought from the MS Store liquidation last winter. It's been sitting here tempting me, but I was wary of the button configuration and some of the talk I've seen here about photo quality.

Nix on that, photos are great, I've come to love the on/off button location, and I really like its larger width over the 950, balances better in my hands.

My only concern is the camera button, which is very awkward and small, but getting used to that, as well. Still, it has a brief but fatal delay before firing, so need to figure that out.

Nevertheless, I am here celebrating my ongoing WM10 experience and not having to pay homage to the thieves at Gurgle and the frauds at Apple.
    As long as you’re happy.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-16-2018 07:28 PM
    As long as you’re happy.
    +1
    @Michael Bromley , if I can ask, what happened to your 950? The Idol 4s is a cool phone but I feel like I missed if you decided to switch phones to try it out or if your 950 is done for, so you switched.
    05-18-2018 09:52 AM
    I only bought the S4 on spec because of the Microsoft Store sale and had it just sitting around for couple months. I was very happy with my 950. Although it had occasional rebooting issues, these were always fixed with a new battery. The last time this happened, however, the new battery did not fix it, so I said, alright, I'll try this new phone rather than getting a refurbished 950.

I thought to share this experience in order to encourage anyone who needs to move on from the 950 to try out a new S4 over a refurb 950 or another operating system. Although the photo button is a bit awkward to launch, I'm very pleased with this phone. I'm not just getting used to the power button location, I rather prefer it. The width and balance of the phone in my hand is great, the battery lasts twice as long as my 950 ever did, and it's very fast. One other thing which I've seen others complain about with WM10, is that Spotify never worked on my 950 and it works great on this phone.

Best of all, I get to stay w WM10.
    fin11, libra89 and JMX777 like this.
    05-22-2018 07:27 AM
    I only bought the S4 on spec because of the Microsoft Store sale and had it just sitting around for couple months. I was very happy with my 950. Although it had occasional rebooting issues, these were always fixed with a new battery. The last time this happened, however, the new battery did not fix it, so I said, alright, I'll try this new phone rather than getting a refurbished 950.

I thought to share this experience in order to encourage anyone who needs to move on from the 950 to try out a new S4 over a refurb 950 or another operating system. Although the photo button is a bit awkward to launch, I'm very pleased with this phone. I'm not just getting used to the power button location, I rather prefer it. The width and balance of the phone in my hand is great, the battery lasts twice as long as my 950 ever did, and it's very fast. One other thing which I've seen others complain about with WM10, is that Spotify never worked on my 950 and it works great on this phone.

Best of all, I get to stay w WM10.
    Thank you for sharing! I'm glad that the 4S is working out well for you.
    Michael Bromley likes this.
    05-22-2018 08:10 AM