Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL (T-Mobile)

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I visited a corporate store lunchtime and didn't see it on display either. I didn't bother asking because 1) they were busy and 2) I wasn't going to waste time waiting to ask if it was going to be sold in stores since I have no interest in buying one anyway (due to having the 640 of course)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I was wrong about getting this early.

All three T-Mobile stores here have the phone.
I'll grab one after getting my hair cut this afternoon.

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
My local tmobile has it going to check it out still undecided to pick it up as I'm still happy with my 640. Checking tmobile and a walmart to see if they carry it in prepaid cheaper

I'm going to check it out at T-Mobile in about a hour, I will post a couple of pictures.

Sent from mTalk

geagle63

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Cool, I was thinking about getting one. Let me know how it compares to the 640 ( i also own) i know it has a double the ram and storage.I want to know how the processor 210? Vs the 400 in the 640 compares.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They had it at my T-Mobile store was pretty much locked down I couldn't use it to take a picture with the rear camera. The front camera looks pretty good with the picture. I snapped on it, real quick. It's definitely thinner than my 640, I might think on picking it up. It was a little slow to unlock the screen waiting for things to load up initially a little bit, but after that it loaded things fine. it's a pretty good device for the price I may end up buying it.

qOkezoy.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
They had it at my T-Mobile store was pretty much locked down I couldn't use it to take a picture with the rear camera. The front camera looks pretty good with the picture. I snapped on it, real quick. It's definitely thinner than my 640, I might think on picking it up. It was a little slow to unlock the screen waiting for things to load up initially a little bit, but after that it loaded things fine. it's a pretty good device for the price I may end up buying it.

Sent from mTalk

Wait, is it just me or is that phone display actually on?!

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Wait, is it just me or is that phone display actually on?!

The phone was on fully functional and all it was just strapped in I couldn't look at the back of it or shoot a picture with the rear camera because it was strapped in. Nice phone tho thin and light

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Displayed the same as where I got one also.
You can swipe around turn it off and on...it is a working phone...

The phone was on fully functional and all it was just strapped in I couldn't look at the back of it or shoot a picture with the rear camera because it was strapped in. Nice phone tho thin and light

Sent from mTalk

Wow, I am shocked, but this is progress! I was just in a T-mo store 2 months ago and the 435 was the only phone with the screen off. The other prepaid phones were on at least.

RockStarNinja

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I got mine a few days ago and honestly what really sold me, other than the fact I've been using my 925 for almost 3 years while waiting for an option that was a legitimate upgrade, was that the associates weren't talking down about it. I don't know if it's because T-mobile's done coaching about not talking bad about a phone you're getting commission selling, or out of genuine interest, but I talked to a few people and all of them seemed to think the phone itself was a good option. For the last couple years any time I go into a t-mobile store asking about windows phones I always get told how I should just switch to Iphone or android, but I really like it so far, and aside from a few minor issues, that are really just me being picky, I think its actually a really nice phone. I've been a loyal Nokia user since 2002, so that takes a lot for me to say.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I got mine a few days ago and honestly what really sold me, other than the fact I've been using my 925 for almost 3 years while waiting for an option that was a legitimate upgrade, was that the associates weren't talking down about it. I don't know if it's because T-mobile's done coaching about not talking bad about a phone you're getting commission selling, or out of genuine interest, but I talked to a few people and all of them seemed to think the phone itself was a good option. For the last couple years any time I go into a t-mobile store asking about windows phones I always get told how I should just switch to Iphone or android, but I really like it so far, and aside from a few minor issues, that are really just me being picky, I think its actually a really nice phone. I've been a loyal Nokia user since 2002, so that takes a lot for me to say.

Yeah, got one Friday at T-Mobile. This is my first non Lumia windows phone since 2012. Another loyal Nokia fan since 2000. Anyway this Alcatel is very nice for the price. I'm quite happy with the performance so far.

This is a nice backup to the L950 I acquired. Runs better than the L550 this replaced. So far no frozen screens or jittery performance, much smoother experience than the 550.

Let's hope more OEM'S jump on board windows 10 for the long haul.

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Battery is good. I need to spend less time playing with the phone to be fair . It is taking whatever I throw at it.

Last edited:

hdtvchris

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Day 4 with my Fierce. Battery is great so far.
Im up at 6am and in bed around 11pm- no need for a mid day recharge. I would also point out that i consider myself a below-average user. I don't use a ton of apps, I'm not playing games or watching movies. Mostly use my phone for email, txting, and (2) BT connections; Band2 & headset.

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Consider the 640? Around $60 right now :) The 925 was/is a midranger so the 640 might suit you better. Not trying to boycott Alcatel here, but just saying

I was originally looking at a 950 XL, but the lack of WiFi calling was a deal breaker for me. Went with the Alcatel to see if I can live with the size. My girlfriend has a 640 and she loves it though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)