Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL (T-Mobile)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile WP users will soon have the Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL as an option, but will you actually pick it?

specs:

Windows 10 Mobile OS

Black bezel but cyan back

5.5-inch 720p display

Capacitive buttons

Snapdragon 210

2GB of RAM

16GB internal memory with micro SD slot

8MP rear and 2MP front camera

WiFi Calling 2.0

VoLTE

Non-removable 2500mah battery

but would you actually opt for it? Alcatel seems to be all in for the w10 run though

T-Mobile's first Windows 10 phone will be the Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL | Windows Central

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
slightly interested in this phone as a backup to my 640 I might get it just to toy with it since its rumored to be under 100 bucks

my only concern is the snapdragon 210 processor and the battery life

Sent from mTalk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
slightly interested in this phone as a backup to my 640 I might get it just to toy with it since its rumored to be under 100 bucks

my only concern is the snapdragon 210 processor and the battery life

Sent from mTalk

Sorry for the late reply :D Yea the 210 worries me too, but then again, w10 doesn't need that much to run smoothly. If it is under $100, it's definitely worth a try

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I notice it has an 8MP camera. Wonder how the camera compares to the 640? We have an old cheap Alcatel Evolve with a 5MP fixed focus camera and all told the images it produces ain't half bad all things considered.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I notice it has an 8MP camera. Wonder how the camera compares to the 640? We have an old cheap Alcatel Evolve with a 5MP fixed focus camera and all told the images it produces ain't half bad all things considered.

IMHO it will depend on what ALcatel does in the firmware.... Also, it would probably be good to explore alternate camera and editor Apps.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

Well, the 640 does have an 8mp shooter. Its a pretty good camera, and it exceeds its expectations, as most lumias do. It may be the whole Lumia camera experience that calls winner.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 8 MP on th BLU Win HD LTE needs extra patience to get up to snuff with the 640,,, That's why I posted what I did about firmware and alternate camera Apps.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, the 640 does have an 8mp shooter. Its a pretty good camera, and it exceeds its expectations, as most lumias do. It may be the whole Lumia camera experience that calls winner.
Yes, to be honest this was actually the main reason I got the Lumia 640 was that it's camera punched above it's weight when compared to similar Androids at the time. Even my Lumia 521 wasn't a bad camera for it's time.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
IMHO it will depend on what ALcatel does in the firmware.... Also, it would probably be good to explore alternate camera and editor Apps.
I have to say that had I had the choice of this phone at the time I chose the Lumia 640, I most likely would've still gone with the Lumia 640. I have no interest in a better front camera as the one on the 640 is perfectly adequate for Skype. I am not into selfies and the one time I did it was perfectly adequate for it's purpose.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm expecting the Alcatel's camera to be subpar.
This however is no longer important to me since anyone truly interested in photography would most likely go in another direction.

Actually the best cheap Windows phone camera I've ever seen was the very frustrating Lumia 535 at 5 and 5 front and back.

The 640 of course is nothing to be scoffed at it just isn't that awesome.
Simply my honest experience with the 640...

ffhounddog

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a 521 and was planning on the 640 last year but then tmobile dropped it because I buy phones in October most of the time. I am getting this phone basically to get LTE.

I think this phone is a good update to my nokia 521. I really like the vaio phone but I really do have a hard time paying $500+ for a phone when its a phone. I have my work ipad and home windows tab at the house and a computer I really do not need all the top of the line hardware. One of the things are this is supported on tmobile and the price is nice. Wish it was 99.00 but its better than being $200, most of my money is going into baby stuff right now anyway for the twins.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This however is no longer important to me since anyone truly interested in photography would most likely go in another direction.

Actually the best cheap Windows phone camera I've ever seen was the very frustrating Lumia 535 at 5 and 5 front and back.

I share your expectations, but at the same time, who knows if it might be okay, or at least good enough. I hope for a better camera experience over the BLU ones though (no offense to them, the cameras just suck in low light). The 640's cameras in low light are okay. Not horrible, not amazing, but enough to meet the mark.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 521 and was planning on the 640 last year but then tmobile dropped it because I buy phones in October most of the time. I am getting this phone basically to get LTE.

I think this phone is a good update to my nokia 521. I really like the vaio phone but I really do have a hard time paying $500+ for a phone when its a phone. I have my work ipad and home windows tab at the house and a computer I really do not need all the top of the line hardware. One of the things are this is supported on tmobile and the price is nice. Wish it was 99.00 but its better than being $200, most of my money is going into baby stuff right now anyway for the twins.
I also had the Lumia 521 and came back to windows after a break with Android because the Lumia 640 was the perfect upgrade. It fixed all the issues I had with my 521 such as mediocre battery life and a screen that was hard to see in bright sunlight etc. Like you, I just have a hard time justifying a laptop priced phone. Since I am not a games player I have no need for more power and the cameras in low end phones are far from the inadequate performers they used to be.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I agree the camera isn't likely to be a photographers choice, but I guess the question to ask these days for most people, would be if you would be happy with the camera quality for taking regular family photos etc. Most phones now seem to be adequate for that although, as always, low light is what will still trip up a low end phone. Having said that, digital cameras in general perform much better in low light that they used too. I can remember when digital cameras would be useless even in a poorly lit room.

TheZeeMan

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I called a normal store and they told me its online only. I think I'm going to get one though just for the heck of it. I have a 950XL as my primary, but my service is attached to a LG Leon (cheap phone that I don't use), at least I'll add +1 supporter for windows phone with tmobile. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion