So who is getting an Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL?

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If you're having trouble with T-mobiles reception where you live call up customer service and request a signal booster,they provide them for free and work really well,at home my signal went from 2 or 3 bars of 3g to almost full lte.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
If you're having trouble with T-mobiles reception where you live call up customer service and request a signal booster,they provide them for free and work really well,at home my signal went from 2 or 3 bars of 3g to almost full lte.

Good suggestion, dakken. I would do that if the problem area was my house. It's my workplace, though, and it's a pretty big building, and management is really touchy about stuff like that. Thanks, though.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Back to the topic...

Made up my mind to buy this phone.
The 5.5 screen and hardware buttons are a must for me.
Can't handle the dinky screens on my 925 and 1020 anymore.

I'm betting I can buy this from a T-Mobile store in this area right now.
I need another cup of coffee too :)

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm betting I can buy this from a T-Mobile store in this area right now.
I need another cup of coffee too :)

Let us know if you can. I'm guessing you saw the article that says at it's out this Wednesday. I was under the impression that those "Do not release before ____" things are pretty ironclad.

Not to get off on a tangent again, but T-mo's pricing surprised me, how "high" it is. $50 is the minimum monthly plan, on pre or post-paid. Even Verizon is cheaper, w/ their prepaid plan starting at $45/mo. I'll sit tight w/ my Lumia 635 on Boost for the time being, at $30/mo, until Windows 10 Mobile ripens further, and/or I get independent verification from some coworker signing up for T-mobile w/ a Band 12 capable phone saying that the reception there is fine

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing you saw the article that says at it's out this Wednesday.

I did see the article...
Been hoping for a 2 GB/16 GB internal memory phone to show up for Windows.
Should run very well.

I see a number of people worried about 210 SoC.
Far as I can tell the 210/212 SoC's max out at 8MP/720P for the camera and offer a slower speed.
All the important features are still there like LTE, latest Bluetooth standard.

Probably a well balanced package for what this phone will be doing for those who don't expect it to take over the world.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I had never heard of those. :grin: Not that Alcatel is a "huge" brand, but it certainly has some brand rep... It's a good thing that WinPho/Mo gets some more adoptees, but I'd be much more likely to get this Alcatel.. I think w/ any of these 3, you might as well not bet on getting any further mfg support for updates, etc. That Funker does sound pricey, though, for ~$348 US.

Thanks for informing me on those!
We had a cheap Alcatel Evolve and it actually wasn't that bad considering how low end it was. The camera was actually quite decent too, so I would have no problem trying one of these if I didn't already have a Lumia 640.

ffhounddog

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the Fierce XL. Total with taxes was $150. I did not get a case since the last two cases I got from Tmobile did not last for the 521 and The one from Amazon has been okay.

This will be a big upgrade for my personnel phone. Work gave me an Ipad and Iphone. Work basically lets me do whatever I want on my work devices other than questionable websites.

I might just go down to the 2GB lte plan it all depends since I do not have LTE on my current device (Lumina 521)

Tmobile wanted to give me $11 bucks for my current phone.....I will just keep it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I work for tmobile in Sanford, Florida, and we just got them in! I use a 950xl. But the fierce xl is pretty nice! Looking to pick one up, come see me at the Seminole Towne center mall!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Spill the beans Jim!!

Small update :(

The phone runs fine.
Looks like I'll need to take this one back to T-Mobile for a new one.
The left side of the screen has light bleed.
I can press down on it and it somewhat goes away.

The demo phone at the store was perfect in fit and finish.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hide the women and children!! Micah's getting a non-Lumia!! Oh the humanity!

I'd much prefer it be a Lumia tbh ☺ but between a shattered Lumia 640 xl display and my verizon Lumia icon that I am using with tmobile now that doesn't have all the bands, I figured I'd give this phone a shot. Maybe😏

ou4me

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Alright. I'll give some quick thoughts. Picked one up at my local T-Mob store. Walked in and asked about it and the guy looked at me like I had three heads. As he's rambling about no new phones, ESPECIALLY Windows Phones.... I look over his shoulder and what to my wandering eye should appear but an Alcatel Fierce XL smack in the middle of a bunch of Android phones. "Hmmm...." I say and walk over to start poking at it. Stammers, and apologies later, I'm out the door with a big white box, and 150 ish bucks less in my bank account. Standard phone store packaging. Better than ATT's crap boxes, but not as good as a flagship phone like a Samsung or iPhone. No headset. Charger, data cable and spare SIM. It uses micro SIM, BTW.

The phone itself is quite handsome. But that said, I'm a huge fan of Nokia Cyan blue. This is a nearly perfect re-do of that. Back pops off, MicroSD on left, SIM slot on the right. Battery is bolted in. I popped my 64gb MicroSD card in. It recognizes it. Don't know for sure if it can address all of it, since I haven't filled it. But it does see it and gives the correct size. Screen is nice. Actually, really nice considering the price. It gets very bright. The phone feels solid. It's a good weight for it's size. I've been using a Nokia 640 for some time but have been put off by stalls and "Loading....." text. This has very little of that. Except. Games. This is NOT a gaming device. Don't. Do. It. Candy Crush. Stall. Royal Revolt 2. Stall. Otherwise it's a nice, solid mid-low end phone. No idea about battery life yet. I really do like the screen. Haven't used the camera yet. Did I mention I liked the screen?

Questions?

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
As he's rambling about no new phones, ESPECIALLY Windows Phones.... I look over his shoulder and what to my wandering eye should appear but an Alcatel Fierce XL smack in the middle of a bunch of Android phones.

:evil: That's the sad truth about help staff @ technology places.. It's hit or miss. Some people really know what they're talking about.. Sometimes, not so much...

I've been using a Nokia 640 for some time but have been put off by stalls and "Loading....." text. This has very little of that. Except. Games. This is NOT a gaming device. Don't. Do. It. Candy Crush. Stall. Royal Revolt 2. Stall. Otherwise it's a nice, solid mid-low end phone.

So, would you say that this is a marked upgrade over the 640, performance wise? I have a 635, which is largely similar to the 640, minus the front camera, and nicer rear camera and flash. I would hope to think that the doubling of RAM would help.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs