03-09-2018 01:06 PM
40 12
tools
    I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL phone, carrier MetroPCS. I have two (2) problems: the sound recorder will start recording without my prompting it to do so. I can stop the recording, discard and close the app and within minutes it will randomly start recording again. This happens several times a day. Not at night while the phone is charging.

Second problem, when I text message more than two people or send a picture in a text to just one person, I get an error message (!time/a gray text box and a circle with ! in the middle). I was told it has something to do with my data plan, but I don't know. I can text one at a time if I have to but the sound recorder is something I wish I could get rid of.
    06-11-2016 06:11 PM
    Well I'm still in the process of trying to figure out if what I'm dealing with is a software issue or a hardware issue. My Fierce XL received the 10586.545 update yesterday and immediately began rebooting itself every 5-10 minutes like clockwork. Figured it was probably a buggy update. Restored to a backup I made about a week ago. Still rebooting. Did a factory reset using the hardware keys. Still rebooting. Used the Device Recovery Tool and flashed to the default image provided. Everything seemed to be going fine.....then BAM. Back to rebooting Haven't installed anything new on this device in a while so I've pretty much ruled that out. At this point..... I'm thinking a warranty replacement might not be a bad idea.... I really wish there were more options for people wanting anything windows on TMO, but I'm not willing to give up wifi-calling or VoLTE, and I'm rather reluctant to switch back to android (Nexus or comparable IF I must....
    08-13-2016 02:34 AM
    If your still dealing with the same issue after a factory reset and an original rom flash, then I would say your dealing with a hardware problem and that the warranty return is your best option. I have the same phone and have been using it with all the insider builds since they started, I have never had that or really any other hardware related problems. Just the typical and ever present build bugs, but since the last .67 update, almost if not all of those have gone away as well. I just wish Alcatel and TMO would release the Idol 4, been waiting for that for to long.
    RumoredNow and fatclue_98 like this.
    08-13-2016 06:19 AM
    If your still dealing with the same issue after a factory reset and an original rom flash, then I would say your dealing with a hardware problem and that the warranty return is your best option. I have the same phone and have been using it with all the insider builds since they started, I have never had that or really any other hardware related problems. Just the typical and ever present build bugs, but since the last .67 update, almost if not all of those have gone away as well. I just wish Alcatel and TMO would release the Idol 4, been waiting for that for to long.
    I got this phone for my roommate a couple of weeks ago and it's been restarting at random multiple times a day. She's on the latest release build of the anniversary update. I'm curious is your phone still working fine or does yours also restart on occasion without prompting it to?
    09-21-2016 09:56 PM
    I retired my Alcatel about a month ago, did a complete reset back to factory and bought a 950 XL with the Continuum dock when B&H had it on a drastic one day blowout (349.00). It's now in the drawer. But I never had any restart issues as you have seen, and I ran insider preview builds all the way to RS2. The phone always performed great. Might want to try a reset and reload. I did that a couple of times just to clear out any possible potential build issue leftovers and it always seemed to perform better afterwards.
    Ertonimus likes this.
    09-23-2016 10:42 AM
    I own two of these (for me and the spouse) - one runs perfectly and the other is super buggy.
    The only difference: firmware.

The buggy one is running 1078.30.0121.2900
    The other one is running 1078.30.01510.23300
    OS build, hardware revision number, bootloader version, radio hardware/software version, and chip SOC version are all identical.

I first noticed a difference when booting the phones - the bad one shows "Alcatel" in blue, "OneTouch" in black, against a white background, then the Windows logo before showing the lock screen.
    The good one shows the "AOT" logo in white against a black background, followed by the T-Mobile logo, then the Windows logo, and finally the lock screen.

Checking for phone updates on the buggy one results in it stating that the phone is up to date.

I haven't found a way to force a firmware update. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    10-11-2016 06:46 AM
    Put the one needing firmware on WDRT... http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...more-oems.html

Make a backup first and you can restore it after the reset.
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-11-2016 11:28 AM
    Yeah, I had just figured that out as you replied - Thanks.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-11-2016 11:52 AM
    Alcatel one touch fiece xl is just all around bad deal in my opinion I have One my wife and my Daughter has one they all have same issues, mapping lags big time some times we are sitting at home and on will say one of us is 3 towns away. wifi very bad issues there with all three phones. they dont even pick up signal from most of the towers near use. Alcatel has robed us I paid over 130 for each phone and they all have same problem. I just filled out my claim forms and recived 2 of them for refund but the other they are saying the 2yr plan i paid for on one is not showing up in system now I have to go threw it all again or go to store and ask for a refund on there end since there computer says I paid them for it and the plan does not show in system.

I am done Im going back to microsoft phones
    11-08-2016 12:07 AM
    I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL phone, carrier MetroPCS. I have two (2) problems: the sound recorder will start recording without my prompting it to do so. I can stop the recording, discard and close the app and within minutes it will randomly start recording again. This happens several times a day. Not at night while the phone is charging.

Second problem, when I text message more than two people or send a picture in a text to just one person, I get an error message (!time/a gray text box and a circle with ! in the middle). I was told it has something to do with my data plan, but I don't know. I can text one at a time if I have to but the sound recorder is something I wish I could get rid of.
    I bought my son and myself the same phone(Alcatel One Touch Fierce Xl) and recently started having the same problem with the sound recorder turning on without prompting it. I noticed it happens to me when I connect my phone to another device by Bluetooth or when I connect or disconnect from wifi. I hope to find a fix on this forum. It's really annoying.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 12-05-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    12-05-2016 01:59 PM
    Alcatel fierce xl...
    There is an issue with the maps. My phone says I left work @10:45 am and didn't return until 1:30 pm, yet it has no info on where I allegedly went. My fiance says I'm lieing and this has caused major strife emotionally...
    Has this been a documentated concern ?
    I'm really beside myself here forum folks...HELP
    01-14-2017 12:58 PM
    I have had the notifications issue for as long as I have had this phone. I'm more frustrated about missing calls because the phone doesn't ring or vibrate. Just shows up as a missed call.
    01-26-2017 08:55 AM
    I changed the charging port on my alcatel fierce xl but now the led stays on when i plug the battery back in and wont turn on. Can u explain this to me and if i can fix it? It would be greatly appreciated. Ty.
    01-19-2018 05:24 PM
    My Alcatel Fierce XL keeps on decreasing brightness and then the screen goes blank, but when i press the power button, the screen comes back on right where i left off. This happens when the screen is on, but I'm not using it for a few seconds. Also, when the screen comes back on it doesn't go to the lock screen. So, I'm not sure what's causing it, and auto-brightness isn't on.
    03-08-2018 04:27 PM
    After going through 3 that had faulty RAM or batteries and got stuck in boot loops I just switched to a 950 XL. The camera module freaks out all the time but at least I can use it.
    03-09-2018 01:06 PM
40 12