Build 10586.107

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Nope nothing here.

Sigh this is the perks of being on a Lumia...I can easily be on the Insider build. But i digress.
Do we need to be on the insider program (Fast or Slow) or do we nee to be on Release Preview or should I choose Production?
I think i chose release preview.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but I may have confirmed that carrier intervention is still going to be a thing with T-Mobile regarding Windows phones via twitter.
According to them, the latest version for the Fierce XL is 10.0.10586.63. When asked if MS has even submitted .107 for certification, they stated "not yet! Stay tuned!"

I'd show you guys the conversation on Twitter, but my profile pic is that of <reference and link redacted> and I'm honestly surprised T-Mobile even replied to me in a serious manner in the first place.

That being said, it looks like your best bet is to enroll in the Insider Release Preview ring if you want the update now. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for MS to submit it, and then for T-Mobile to approve it.
Whenever that'll be.
(Never)

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think there is a mis-perception going on here. For Win 10 Mobile, the OS is WaaS and only Firmware changes need to be submitted to carriers.

Going from 10586.63 to 10586.107 is an OS bump. Microsoft gives that to Alcatel OneTouch. Alcatel tests it. If there is no Firmware addition, they need not submit it to T-MoUS and can push your OTA from their end or authorize Msft to do so.

Maybe (?) Alcatel OneTouch didn't get the memo and they will (would have) sent it to T-MoUS as they would for an Android handset, or even a WP 8.1 device. But for the OS bump under Win 10 Mo, T-Mo need not be involved.

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I think there is a mis-perception going on here. For Win 10 Mobile, the OS is WaaS and only Firmware changes need to be submitted to carriers.

Going from 10586.63 to 10586.107 is an OS bump. Microsoft gives that to Alcatel OneTouch. Alcatel tests it. If there is no Firmware addition, they need not submit it to T-MoUS and can push your OTA from their end or authorize Msft to do so.

So, then, should I make the assumption that from what you have said, that it's Microsofts fault that the owners of the XL are not able to get the .107 update, and that it's not a result of TM locking out any updates for the phone, and that's why someone has already figured out that the only way you can get it is by rooting the phone to make it think it's a Nokia Lumia #xxx and not an Alcatel XL (see Fiery Fix thread in this forum), and that you need to hard reset it after the upgrade to send it back to thinking it's an XL. Somehow, and it may just be me, this smells more like TM than MS.

Maybe (?) Alcatel OneTouch didn't get the memo and they will (would have) sent it to T-MoUS as they would for an Android handset, or even a WP 8.1 device. But for the OS bump under Win 10 Mo, T-Mo need not be involved.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, then, should I make the assumption that from what you have said, that it's Microsofts fault that the owners of the XL are not able to get the .107 update, and that it's not a result of TM locking out any updates for the phone, and that's why someone has already figured out that the only way you can get it is by rooting the phone to make it think it's a Nokia Lumia #xxx and not an Alcatel XL (see Fiery Fix thread in this forum), and that you need to hard reset it after the upgrade to send it back to thinking it's an XL. Somehow, and it may just be me, this smells more like TM than MS.

The last wave of phones to be added to WDRT do not seem to be enabled in Insider as of yet... Certainly the BLU Win HD LTE people have tried and failed daily to get Insider Builds since being added to WDRT. No one knows yet if they will be added or when.

So now it comes down to what is a Production Build. That is what Microsoft would push OTA. So far as I know .107 is still not on the Production Build ring. Once a build makes the Production ring that is a preview before the OTA and would signal a build will get pushed shortly.

WaaS has a beta test hierarchy. After internal Msft use > Fast Ring w/ feedback and bug fix > Slow Ring w/ feedback and bug fix > Production Ring w/ feedback and final tweak > OTA.

Hopefully someone will correct me if my understanding of the process is at fault.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also may not fully understand the Insider process. I installed the app, chose Release Preview, and got nothing. I've decided to wait for the 'official' release (unless it doesn't come that way) so just changed to Production.

Is my phone's update status now the same as before I installed the Insider app, and what happens if I uninstall the app?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The last wave of phones to be added to WDRT do not seem to be enabled in Insider as of yet... Certainly the BLU Win HD LTE people have tried and failed daily to get Insider Builds since being added to WDRT. No one knows yet if they will be added or when.

So now it comes down to what is a Production Build. That is what Microsoft would push OTA. So far as I know .107 is still not on the Production Build ring. Once a build makes the Production ring that is a preview before the OTA and would signal a build will get pushed shortly.

WaaS has a beta test hierarchy. After internal Msft use > Fast Ring w/ feedback and bug fix > Slow Ring w/ feedback and bug fix > Production Ring w/ feedback and final tweak > OTA.

Hopefully someone will correct me if my understanding of the process is at fault.

Sorry... I typed "Production" when it is actually "Release" and I apologize for that.

FWIW, I just got a $30 Lumia 640 GoPhone and set it up on Insider. Release Build gets you 10586.107. Proof, to me, that Fierce XL (like BLU Win HD LTE) is not being allowed through the gate into Insider yet.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but I may have confirmed that carrier intervention is still going to be a thing with T-Mobile regarding Windows phones via twitter.
According to them, the latest version for the Fierce XL is 10.0.10586.63. When asked if MS has even submitted .107 for certification, they stated "not yet! Stay tuned!"

I'd show you guys the conversation on Twitter, but my profile pic is that of <reference and link redacted> and I'm honestly surprised T-Mobile even replied to me in a serious manner in the first place.

That being said, it looks like your best bet is to enroll in the Insider Release Preview ring if you want the update now. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for MS to submit it, and then for T-Mobile to approve it.
Whenever that'll be.
(Never)

I don't think Microsoft has added it yet. It won't pick up any of the Insider Builds.
One of the advantages of Windows 10 is that Microsoft can roll out software updates independently of carriers. Firmware will have to go through the carriers.

anon(9809330)

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Any word on when 10586.107 will be available and how? Picked one up over the weekend. WRT 3.1.6 is a pain but finally got it restored to 1058.63 after the Insider Preview App messed it up.

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
At this point I would say the word is.......ummmmm...sometime down the road, and that's about as close to an exact answer that your going to see I'm afraid. Most all of us as XL owners want it, but TM and MS aren't in a giving mood for this puppy I'm thinking.

anon(9809330)

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have already emailed Alcatel and opened a question on T-Mobile's support site. Below is what I asked of both:

I just purchased the One Touch Fierce XL w/ Windows 10 the other day (T-Mobile). I have registered an Alcatel account and would like some information.

When will my phone be able to update to the production version of Windows 10 (10.0.10586.107) ?
The version the phone was released with (10.0.10586.63) is very poor compared to 10.0.10586.107

When will support for the Windows Insider Program be added since that seems to be the only way to receive updates ?
I have always used Lumia / Microsoft phones and decided to give Alcatel a shot and maybe upgrading to the yet to be released Idol Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 (depending on how your product is supported with updates).

Will there be a firmware update since Microsoft has none listed for it at all on their server using the Windows Device Recover Tool version 3.1.6 which was supposed to add support for the One Touch but it doesn't really. You have to do a few work-arounds and it doesn't even list a firmware version and the windows version is still 10.0.10586.63

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb