Build 10586.107

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with that, seeing as Alcatel is the manufacturer and they built the phone to the feature set spec of TM, I would venture to say that they will not, and do not have any say in what TM will or won't allow, or the timeline in which MS sends the .107 build to TM for testing and or approval, though neither of these should be required, and as TM's already stated, according to another poster in this form, "soon, it's coming" which continues to follow what I have previously mentioned. But who knows, maybe you'll get a more definitive answer, if so, please share it when you do.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There should be a warning to Fierce XL users about trying the Insider app until the phone is officially listed as updatable.

When the app goes into the "configuration update" and restarts things can go bad.
Not to mention you'll still be on .63 afterwards.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I did just that but am wondering what the actual configuration update does. I didn't have any bad effects or results, but you're right- I probably shouldn't have done it.

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have already emailed Alcatel and opened a question on T-Mobile's support site. Below is what I asked of both:

I just purchased the One Touch Fierce XL w/ Windows 10 the other day (T-Mobile). I have registered an Alcatel account and would like some information.

When will my phone be able to update to the production version of Windows 10 (10.0.10586.107) ?
The version the phone was released with (10.0.10586.63) is very poor compared to 10.0.10586.107

When will support for the Windows Insider Program be added since that seems to be the only way to receive updates ?
I have always used Lumia / Microsoft phones and decided to give Alcatel a shot and maybe upgrading to the yet to be released Idol Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 (depending on how your product is supported with updates).

Will there be a firmware update since Microsoft has none listed for it at all on their server using the Windows Device Recover Tool version 3.1.6 which was supposed to add support for the One Touch but it doesn't really. You have to do a few work-arounds and it doesn't even list a firmware version and the windows version is still 10.0.10586.63

Thank you

Looks like your wish has come true...the .107 is available now without insider and am downloading it now, actually it's already installing. You must have the magic connections

Last edited:

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Looks like your wish has come true...the .107 is available now without insider and am downloading it now, actually it's already installing. You must have the magic connections

I just got it, too. It installed fine, and there's no obvious bugs yet.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Heh, woke up this morning to find it already installed.
Neat!

That's the 3 AM default check.

I un-select the box for Automatically Download... That way I can tap a link and get info for what the Update will do before I give a manual go ahead to download/install.

YMMV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb