Short-lived phone =(

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure its still under warranty. But that's disappointing. I hope it has more to do with how you handle your phone than crappy build quality. Call 'em up and see if you can get it fixed. If it was from normal use it should be covered.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I just went thru an Alcatel warranty repair recently with the One Touch I bought from T-Mobile.

Go here and follow the instructions:
Alcatel | Warranty

You can start here also:
Support / United States / Home - ALCATEL Mobile Phones

The Alcatel warranty repair center had mine 7 days front to back.
I got a repaired phone back from them.

The shipping receipt indicated there was an ESN change.
I'm guessing I got a refurbed device.

T-Mobile charges a $20.00 fee for warranty returns.
It's much easier to deal directly with Alcatel.

Good luck!

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I wish I would have known that. T-Mobile, ugh.... the online chat and phone rep told me that the store could process it. I went to the store, they said I had to call in. So I'm believing the chat and phone service more than the in-store. So this is becoming a bit more painful. =( I'm not happy with T-Mobile at the moment.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just leave T-Mobile out of it.
Handle everything thru the Alcatel RMA.

Trust me T-Mobile doesn't really want to help.
Just envelope the broken phone with an active RMA and send it to Alcatel in Texas.
Easy-Peasy :)

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Guytronic is right when he says T-Mobile doesn't really want to help. In fact, they hate helping so much that they'll give you a refurbished phone if you bring this up with them. Which will likely have another unrelated problem altogether. My mom had her 521 replaced twice by TMO, and both times she had other issues.

First her phone stopped charging
Then her replacement had a bad touch screen (taps registered to the left of your finger
Then her third replacement just got really hot and restarted from time to time.

So yeah, guy's right. Leave Ms. Magenta out of it. Deal with Alcatel.
Because either way, you'll be shipping your phone and be left without it for a week or more if you go with TMO.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, while I'm trying to get that all under wraps and taken care of, I tried to use an Android phone - a decent one - octo-core, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM; it sucked.... More Cores != better performance (we all know that), that 8GB ROM, the OS used 4.44GB of space and the preinstalled apps used another 2.0GB so there was only 1.6GB left! Ugh I hate Android, I despise them so much because they give you crappy specs, don't know how to allow users to uninstall preinstalled bloatware, and even the apps that allow you to move to the SD card, still may require gobs of memory on the primary drive. It's built on the damn Linux kernel! How can Android screw something up that is so native to Linux overall, yet the Windows Phone can fully get working? Like seriously wtf.

That's my rant...

Oh and for the finale, that phone is gone, and I'm on my Blu Win HD LTE =)

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
So I never did get my phone sent in. Let me explain the story:

Money has been really tight lately. And I had contacted T-Mobile but they never sent the email for the RMA and I hadn't got back around to doing so - mainly cause the Blu phone I had would restart when on calls. So I pushed that to the side to do school work, work work, etc. Well... I got another phone, making small monthly payments on it, and it's a good phone. However... I used the charger that came with that phone and its about 2-3 mm longer than the typical micro usb port on generic ones, to where it actually charges my Alcatel. So I can use my alcatel or the other phone. Using any other generic cord that doesn't have the longer port connector works for the most part, but its loose. Using the longer port cord, it stays firm and work. Either way, I can't send back the new phone =/ and I'm not sure if the port will continue to hold either =/ so I'll take what I have and just go from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon