Why not a portrait slider?

dougsyo

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
My housemate got a Verizon Blitz - I like the format because it's a slider, but the QWERTY keyboard is portrait rather than landscape (can be used one-handed). When it's open, it's about the same size as a BJ2 except a little thicker.

Since he got that, I started looking at phones, as I was a Cellular One customer that would transition to ATT and got the "new customer" type discount on a phone by switching my contract. Up till recently, the few QWERTY slider phones ATT had were all landscape (Duo, Tilt). They've since added the Samsung Propel with a Blitz-like format. However, it doesn't run WM (it's not a smartphone at all, in fact).

I ended up getting a BJII (and I'm very happy with it, but also considered a Q9H). I'd have liked to get something like the Blitz or Propel in a smartphone if that was available. If the BB Pearl Flip had been available for ATT, I (maybe) would have considered that too.

So, why not a portrait slider?

Doug

dougsyo

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
The Samsung i627 (BlackJack III, or BlackJack slider, or whatever they choose to call it) is a portrait slider.
See it here.
Nice! I'd have preferred that to my BJ2, but I'm happy with what I've got.

I notice the Palm Pre is using the same form factor, although with a touch screen.

Maybe the best of these can be put together for an Epix successor?

Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos