Samsung Omnia

tahoerob

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Hey, you guys need an Omnia thread under Samsung!!!!

Here are some good tips I fumbled through today.

If you are trying to transfer large video files to Omnia, FIRST goto USB Connection Mode icon in Settings:Connections tab.
CHANGE from ActiveSync to Mass Storage. Now under My Computer, media card shows as a drive letter. EASY & FAST transfers to media card. If you attempt to transfer large files via ActiveSync, it takes FOREVER & may give error.

The Omnia WORKS with Rhapsody subscriptions!!! BUT, you need to reverse the above USB Connection Mode settings back to ActiveSync. The Omnia then shows up in Sources. If you leave it in Mass Storage, it freezes Rhapsody. I was able to easily drag & drop on to My Storage (after authorizing) w/o a problem.
This is extra gravy for me. I just turned in the Blackberry Storm for the Omnia. The Storm was very good but did not support some needed software I use daily. It did however, do Rhapsody great. The VZW website for Omnia does not even mention Rhapsody. BUT IT WORKS!!

If you transfer AVI or Divx video files at the usual 700MB -1.5GB sizes, they actually play BETTER than if you use converted MP4 size files. Also, because of the Omnia's screen shape, it plays larger for viewing than the Storm
Edit/Delete Message

tahoerob

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Found this link to ADD the Samsung Today 2 that is featured in online reviews but that VZW removed from release version.
http://sultanaa.com/awg/CABs/Omnia%20software/14-11-2008%20(ALL%20NEW)/

EDIT:
The first link was to a "newer" file that was 9.5MB size.
I checked on same FTp site: http://sultanaa.com/awg/CABs/Omnia software/

There is a month older file that is ONLY 700kb. Seems to work fine!!!
The smaller file is here......
http://sultanaa.com/awg/CABs/Omnia%2...0Today 2.cab

WARNING:
Ok, I loaded the CAB in Device memory. Will not allow Storage load.

It works!!!

HOWEVER, it seems to lock my WiFi setting to the OFF position. I hit the WiFi button on Today 2 screen. Radio icon did not show up. When I went to other regular Wireless settings icons, the Wifi will not turn on. Cannot get it to Turn on???!!! Weird.

It is locked OFF in all possible scenarios of how you get to on/off button including Wireless widget.

Any ideas????

Last edited:

tahoerob

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Got WiFi fix elsewhere online:

I ran into this problem as well (wifi wouldn't toggle on OR off no matter what it is on). The fix I found was that you have to toggle Setttings>Power>Wi-Fi tab>"Enable wifi power saving mode". So if it is OFF, toggle it ON, then hit OK in the top-right corner to accept the setting change. Now if you go back to the wireless settings manager, you should be able to toggle the wifi on or off now. I have no idea why the wifi on/off setting will become "locked" but this fix will cure that problem (not permanently though). I will randomly find my wifi locking and have to do the "wifi power save toggle" to unlock it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs