Verizon Omnia (or other) Reviews

Feldhege

Dec 31, 2008
Visit site
Hey all, I have a Treo 700P and since Palm is all but dead, I am looking for something to replace it. I played around with the Omnia for a while and it appears to be a suitable replacement. Can anyone post some links to reviews of the Verizon CDMA version of the phone. I know it is slightly different from the GSM non-US version that everyone reviewed earlier this year.

Unless there is a better WinMo Phone out there on the Verizon network?

tahoerob

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=1089

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/08/18/samsung-omnia-review/

BTW, you can access & use the subscription aspect of Rhapsody music service with the Omnia. I switched form the Treo 700p to the Omnia & have been very pleased. The only Omnia negative, is that the SMS & MMS on the Treo was better for ease of use. I need to look into SMS add ons.

Also, you do not have to use the widgets home page. Currently no very useful. However, there is a ROM update brewing that will allow more widgets to be added.
http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=6458

pool_shark#IM

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
I too came from using the Treo 700P. I agree that the MMS and SMS was better than that of the Omnia, as was Chattermail.
The keyboard will take some getting use to. I purchased the SPB keyboard and it makes typing easier for me.

I don't use the widgets. They aren't customizable and I didn't find them useful. I think the standard windows mobile interface is better.

I also purchased elecont launcher so I can launch my favorite apps from the today screen as I did with the 700P.

The contacts app on the Omnia isn't as good as the Treo either, but the Omnia has BT voice dialing so I don't really need to use it.

There is no lag, no odd reboots, Opera mobile is much better than the Treo's browser, the camera is much better, it can multi task, no skips with playing music, and video streaming is a lot better.

I've installed:
elecont launcher
elecont weather
vito ringtone editor
flash player 7 ( I can actually view some flash content)
youtubeplay
musicID
Google maps (doesn't work with the standard keyboard)
pocketTV (streams mpg video)
screen capture (same as snap for 700P)
vox (blogging software)
uno
poker
bill buddy (reminds me when to pay my biils)

tahoerob

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Hey all, I have a Treo 700P and since Palm is all but dead, I am looking for something to replace it. I played around with the Omnia for a while and it appears to be a suitable replacement. Can anyone post some links to reviews of the Verizon CDMA version of the phone. I know it is slightly different from the GSM non-US version that everyone reviewed earlier this year.

Unless there is a better WinMo Phone out there on the Verizon network?

Spoke too soon!!
www.precentral.net

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster