AndroidCentral.com on Windows Phone

bahbah

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I was a windows mobile user for several years and was OK with it and it's performance. When the Droid came out I took a look at it and was impressed. I converted over to the Droid and I'm really happy with the experience. I don't think I'll ever go back. WP7 is not due for another year and by the time it comes out, it will probably still be 2 years behind where Android will be at that time. MS is going to need to make some very radical changes if it's going to stay in the mobile OS business.

I've not pursued the custom ROM's. I'm sure you can get good functionality from this approach but I'm concerned that I'd run into incompatibilities down the road. I expect the native OS to cover all of my needs.

The transition that I made from WM to Android was very easy and I'd recommend anyone thinking about making the jump to do so.

The main thing that WM has is ease of syncing with Outlook. Other platforms can do it as well but not as easily. As this issue get addressed on the other platforms, WM will loose it's main competitive advantage. Office is not a big issue for me because I've not progressed to the point of needing it on a mobile handset.

It will always be Windows Mobile to me.

dougsyo

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Now that Iris is owned by RIM, I'd like to see a supported WM webkit-based browser again. I'm running into an occasional mobile site that doesn't seem to work quite right with Skyfire, Opera or IE.

Doug

JackG058

Oct 31, 2006
www.LatterDayTruth.org
Android needs to address battery life for me to make the switch. Still, next fall when I can upgrade again I'd be open to whatever is available at the time on Sprint. Right now, the Touch Pro2 is the best out there IMHO.

Loaddown

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Windows are forever

1. Am I satisfied? I’m still plugging away on my Axim x50v, saving for a smartphone. I have tons of software only compatible with WM.
2. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. I'm not impressing anyone with the latest.
3. What is the exodus about? What me worry?
4. Syncs with Windows. See item #1
5. They (?) are trying to get us to say ‘Windows Phone’ so that we don’t have to remember which update we are using.

KU Kitch

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I know that if I had a Windows phone, I would be all over using custom ROMs to get the best possible interface, as it seems to be the only way to do that... I am really wanting to see WM7 get out and visible so we know what's coming, 6.5 wasn't enough and they really need to get on top of things if WM is to stay relevant in this day and age. It's got the customizability going for it, which is good, but it is getting long in the tooth. We've seen that Microsoft is capable with the Zune and the 360 and now Windows 7, so lets see them bring back the mobile OS as well before it gets to be too late

JackG058

Oct 31, 2006
www.LatterDayTruth.org
I know that if I had a Windows phone, I would be all over using custom ROMs to get the best possible interface, as it seems to be the only way to do that... I am really wanting to see WM7 get out and visible so we know what's coming, 6.5 wasn't enough and they really need to get on top of things if WM is to stay relevant in this day and age. It's got the customizability going for it, which is good, but it is getting long in the tooth. We've seen that Microsoft is capable with the Zune and the 360 and now Windows 7, so lets see them bring back the mobile OS as well before it gets to be too late

And there was a tweet today which indicated that the HD2 will be destined to get WM7, which was interpreted as making it possible to get cooked ROMS based upon WM7 ultimately for devices such as the TP2. And that is a customer ROM I'd be happy to try out. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium