I think Windows Phone caught a huge break.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I don't think MS caught a break. Really, what kind of earth-shattering feature were people expecting from iOS and Android? Telepathy and teleportation? I always scoffed at the idea that WP7 was "too little, too late" and that Android and iOS would constantly be leaps and bounds ahead of WP. With mobile devices and current technological limitations, you can only add so many functions before the device becomes less mobile.

We saw this in most of the latest new features that Android and iOS came up with. For example, 4G, dual-core processors, and front-facing cameras for video messaging are all features that drain the battery like crazy or just aren't that useful with current networks. Another new feature coming out soon is the "glasses-free 3D," like in the Nintendo 3DS. Again, however, it's not going to go easy on battery life. I hear work is being done or is already done on making the viewing angle greater as well as improving battery life, but I have doubts that the first devices will implement the newer technology.

These features aren't must-haves right now as much as they are just gimmicks used to claim the "pioneer" hat. Being "first" doesn't always mean it'll be the best, especially when it comes to technology.

stop spreading FUD and defending Apple. this is WPC I should be able to say as much mierda about crApple, the rusting robot ,and webPOS as much as I want without having to be called sheep or anything similar as I've said already a couple of months ago.
Last time I checked, WPC stood for "Windows Phone Central," not "hate on Apple, Google, and HP/Palm, especially with lameass nicknames." You're no better than the MS-hating trolls who put "M$" all over the place, thinking they're clever when they're not. Besides that, do you have any idea what happens when you make "Windows Phone Operating System" an acronym? We live in a glass house here with that kind of immature BS. Grow up.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Last time I checked, WPC stood for "Windows Phone Central," not "hate on Apple, Google, and HP/Palm, especially with lameass nicknames." You're no better than the MS-hating trolls who put "M$" all over the place, thinking they're clever when they're not. Besides that, do you have any idea what happens when you make "Windows Phone Operating System" an acronym? We live in a glass house here with that kind of immature BS. Grow up.

no se meta en no se llama! I am different than those Android and Apple fanboys because I don't go to other sites to bash them. I keep it contained here .

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Nothing I say is FUD. I only correct ur blatant lies when u bash othe companies or glorifying other.
stop spreading FUD and defending Apple. this is WPC I should be able to say as much mierda about crApple, the rusting robot ,and webPOS as much as I want without having to be called sheep or anything similar as I've said already a couple of months ago.

with that said iTune$ prices are no where near similar to those of Zune simply for the fact that YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR EACH AND EVERY SONG there's no streaming, no downloading, and no credits. with Zune for a simple monthly fee u get everything iTune$ lacks, so its much cheaper if one listens to lots of music. macbooks and the iPad cost more than the galaxy tab and midranged laptops so there.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

with that said iTune$ prices are no where near similar to those of Zune simply for the fact that YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR EACH AND EVERY SONG there's no streaming, no downloading, and no credits. with Zune for a simple monthly fee u get everything iTune$ lacks, so its much cheaper if one listens to lots of music. macbooks and the iPad cost more than the galaxy tab and midranged laptops so there.

Huh, what? Since when does the price of iTunes have anything to do with your hyperbolic price comparisons? Nevermind that it's always the record labels that fight for higher prices.

I'm not a ****** by any means, and I agree the iphone's build quality is better than a focus (mostly because the focus backing feels cheap in comparison to iphone glass), but I certainly don't think that justifies a 300% markup over the focus.

The entire build quality issue to you I imagine, is resolved if samsung went with an aluminum panel for the Focus' backing rather than plastic.

You mention the xoom being more expensive than an ipad, but the xoom hardware also outspecs the ipad... and when I checked, it was only $100 more. 20% more than the inferior spec'd ipad2... and with no sales volume / economies of scale established, like the ipad has.

I expect the iphone 4 to cost more for having the features it does, but not $150 more.

This is just stupid. Really. The Focus came out at $200...and the only reason it's $50 is because it doesn't sell as much as the iPhone continues to.

Name me a SINGLE, high end flagship phone that has come out in the past 2 years that wasn't $200 on contract!? The Focus, the HD7 (and most likely the HD7S btw).

Nevermind that we are talking subsidized prices.......300% mark up? High ho hyperbole.

What's the percent mark up after you include the same average monthly rate of $100 a month for 2 years. You would rather spend your two years with a well made piece of engineering or a Focus where the button squeaks every time I turn it on?

Honestly, if I could have paid extra for a better made Windows Phone I would.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
why en cojos do you say M$ instead of MS? its MS NOT M$!!!!

jaja OMG dude u can be such a payaso sometimes. it's no secret that any of crapple's products cost more than the competition on average. look anywhere iTunes cost more than Zune marketplace,the iPods cost more than Zune or any other digital player for that matter. Macs cost more than PCs etc.

hypocrite.jpg

jajajaja :D;):p

---------------------------

back on topic though... I agree Google I/O didn't bring much. They "attempted" to help the fragmentation issues that plague the OS, which IMHO, they didn't do much on that front.

The games do suck and it's sad that I know that and I don't even play games on my mobile devices (minus Full House Poker).

If rumors are true and the iPhone 5 won't be released until fall, then WP7 is in great shape to make some gains when Mango gets released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99