Droid Incredible ain't so Incredible

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
A co worker with a Droid Incredible asked if I might be able to figure out why his device keeps showing low app memory. Firstly I admitted I didn't know much about android, but have had several smartphones and the basics are similar.

His Incredible was showing something like 6.4 GB available of 6.7 phone memory and 1.7 GB available of his 2GB micro SD card.

his running tab was showing about 20 MB of running apps.

Nothing to me indicated a reason for the low memory warning.

I suggested he simply restart the phone, re-insert the sd card to see if that would jog the device's memory reader. It didn't. My next suggestion was to research this Mobile Nations site for possible info on recent malware or Droid problems.

He started checking out the ite until another co worker took a look at his phone. That guy uses an Android phone ( left iOS) and he simply closed all the running apps.

I chuckled a little to myself because I was thinking the Droid Incredible wasn't very smart if a few MB of apps sapped all the CPU power.

Anyway, can't say that I was impressed with the guy having to physically turn off all apps manually in order to use his phone. I rather like WP 7's ability to "suspend" apps and resume activity at will. So much for Android multitasking.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in no way trying to say something positive about android, but I used a motorola droid for a year and I still have it and I've never had to close apps manually. The only time I ran into problems with low memory is because I hadn't moved enough apps to the sd card. Thankfully those days are gone and I'm on an HTC trophy now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077