Wife got a Moto X2

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had my VZW Trophy for about a month now. Seems it's hard to get a feel for a device just from messing with it in the store for a short while so I always end up with a little post-buy "what-if" remorse :dry

I told the wife that I really liked my WP but she nixed the idea with some help from the kids and ordered a 'droid. I didn't protest because I was interested in having a hot-shot dual-core Android toy around the house But I was also a little worried about discovering that I could have made a poor choice (with the Trophy) that I'd have have to live with for 2 years.

Sort of like with my crappy/awesome Pre :blush:

Anyway...

The Moto came in today and I had a chance to really sit down with it and see how I liked it. My previous experience was just checking out the browser and keyboard in the store and swiping through pics on friends Droids.

The build quality of the Moto is a LOT better than the HTC :dry I don't care for the camera bulge or the size but it just feels a lot more solid and the camera part with the dual LED flash is really sharp. It really makes the Trophy feel cheap... The Trophy is about 11,000 times better than the Pre but the Moto is a pretty impressive chunk-O-hardware.

The Moto-Blur Droid OS however is a friggin' disaster :confused: It locked up once on me and I got frustrated trying to do simple stuff. Sure, it has menus on top of menus and options piled on options but it just wasn't intuitive to me AT ALL. It'll be fun discovering new stuff and monkeying around with it but living with it day in and out... And the bloatware :confused: Tons of crap that I'd never use clogging up the screens and no obvious ways to clean it up.

Maybe it's like Jazz or something. I've been told that my musical tastes aren't evolved enough to really appreciate it. Maybe it's the same with Android...

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Nice phone. Did you guys consider an LTE compatible device? Just wondering.

Anything w/motoblur must be rooted, IMO.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Nice phone. Did you guys consider an LTE compatible device? Just wondering.

Anything w/motoblur must be rooted, IMO.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

We're not in a 4g area so LTE didn't seem worth it. And yes, it's a really nice phone but I'm not really digging Android. Seems like it would be great if you wanted to geek out all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes