Android bashing anyone?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Alright... I'm sick of this OS..

It stutters, it sputters, hangs, lags and chokes and just plain annoys me..

Countless instances mark you..not one...but the damn thing just won't work..
what have I not done..?
Used custom ROMs, used stock ROMs, used apps, deleted apps, killed apps...
Asked devs, asked noobs, asked friends and foes alike...

And add the "app drawer" to it...
A thousand icons and not one useful...equivalent of finding a needle in a hay stack...then there is the vulnerability to hackers and malware...

And then there is Motorola...who gives a tiny rat's backside for updates and support..

The hardware is good and the looks are killer..but the list ends there...

WP8...HERE I COME...

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I started off with Android being my first smartphone experience (G1 was my first smartphone). Back then the OS was good but like anything new it had its kinks. Instead of improving the user experience, Google kept focusing on adding new features which just bloated the OS even more.

By the time I was on the Nexus One, it had become too clunky for me and the possibility of customizing everything didn't mean much when the rest of the phone was so slow.

I don't know how it is now but I have heard the same complaints as you from other Android users so I'm guessing the same problems exist.

iSeeiSheep

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I wish Microsoft created free versions of WP OS that easily installed on existing Apple and Droid phone hardware.

That might start an interesting movement to crush Apple and Droid

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my Samsung Galaxy S since launch day back in the summer of 2010 and while it has been very robust and taken a lot of abuse, I have grown tired of it. Through the large selection of custom ROM's I have been able to find a few that run very well and that I'm happy with for a while but I shouldn't have to do that. Samsung, Motorola, HTC, etc..they just don't support their phones well with updates so you are ultimately forced to get on XDA to find the latest version of Android via a custom ROM because the stock ROM's with their bloatware are very laggy, unstable most of the time and power hungry. I'm ready to jump ship to WP8 for a smooth experience with support from the manufacturer that Nokia is sure to provide. I'm done with hoping I don't "brick" my phone with the next ROM I flash..I just want to use it and be done with it! I had an iPhone for about a year for work and it was just like Android IMO. Obviously they provide a little better software support but the layout and feel is the same and I was not impressed. Maybe I'm asking a lot but the WP7 devices I've used have felt great to me and I'm sure that will be expanded further now with additional hardware support and some major software upgrades.

You are one of many Android and iOS users I have come across that are ready to head to the WP8 realm this fall. Hopefully we don't regret it!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I started off with Android being my first smartphone experience (G1 was my first smartphone). Back then the OS was good but like anything new it had its kinks. Instead of improving the user experience, Google kept focusing on adding new features which just bloated the OS even more.

By the time I was on the Nexus One, it had become too clunky for me and the possibility of customizing everything didn't mean much when the rest of the phone was so slow.

I don't know how it is now but I have heard the same complaints as you from other Android users so I'm guessing the same problems exist.

Not "exist" my friend worsened...
I forgot the customization bit but thanks for reminding me that..
Everything, right from the tiny battery icon to the clocking speed...EVERYTHING is customisable... damn...
I sooooo lose track of what I was doing its not funny...yup, bloated like ****...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I've not used android too much, I have it dual booting on my TouchPad. I can't say 100% that the issues I've had with it are Android or just problems running Android on an unofficial device, the TouchPad. Anyhow, not interested in buying an Android phone, what I've experienced of it does not impress.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well no OS is perfect android doesn't fit what I want but the level of flexibility it has is certainly impressive

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I like android, I just hate the fragmentation. About half the phones available will give you the symptoms mentioned, but jelly bean on a nexus is a beautiful thing. I am getting a 920 for something different this time, but I do still like the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I like android, I just hate the fragmentation. About half the phones available will give you the symptoms mentioned, but jelly bean on a nexus is a beautiful thing. I am getting a 920 for something different this time, but I do still like the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I used to like it too...and my ICS is fast too. But my problem begins when I install apps. That's when it starts acting funny...stutters and sputters and barely makes me feel I'm on a dual core "flagship" device...

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You're having this issue with a Razr? I never had anything like that happen on mine at all. I would contact Verizon, something is wrong with that unit.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I found jelly bean a pleasure to use. Night and day gingerbread, froyo, ECT.

I actually picked up a Nexus 7 tablet yesterday after swearing I'd never buy an Android device again after my last horrible Android phone. Never thought I'd do it, but here I am. I wanted a tablet, the iPad mini is just grossly overpriced for what you get, the Kindle Fire just sucks and is gimped skinned over Android anyway. The playbook is a ghost ship. So what was left? Nexus 7 seemed like the obvious choice. Very cheap for the specs you get, its a Nexus device so at least there is no OEM crap ware and skins jamming up the works and it runs jellybean. So far I'm impressed honestly. Android is still too chaotic for me to want to use on a phone, but I'll say jellybean seems much improved since the gingerbread and honeycomb devices I had in the past. So far this thing hasn't seemed to lag perceptibly and its pretty fast.

Would have rather have bought a nice Windows RT tablet though... But not willing to shell out $600 on a big heavy tablet that's still kind of an experiment and has no apps yet. Android is at least...mature.

Hoping that in a year or two there will be something like this Nexus 7 but with Win RT and a sub $300 price tag. That would be amazing,

red.foxx15

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently carrying a nexus tablet around with me. Jelly bean is a great step in androids future. I love my Lumia 822 but it still has a few short comings. I still carry around my razr maxx mainly because of a few apps I need (square switchvox and my bank being the main ones) but it doesn't have the hold on me it used to ( going from jb back to ICs will make you sad) I love my wp8 but its not grown up enough to go and play by itself so I still depend on Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros