Just placed an order for Galaxy Note II ...

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
before you guys kill me I want to say that I really really really want to have a 920!

But, I'm extremely frustrated that even right now there is still no firm available dates for unlocked 920s. I have a trip to China coming in less than ten days and I really want to have a new international GSM phone before I leave. I looked at Note II many times, and the killer thing is that it's available, * right now *. I resisted the temptation many times, but last night I just found out that Newegg is running a $90 off promotion for Note II, bringing the total to $589 with free shipping no tax and heck I finally caved in...

To be frank, I believe the bad daynight shots from 920 also nudged me a little bit since I began to believe that Nokia simply does not have a first-grad sensor for its camera, although it has a super f2.0 OIS lens. The report on the short battery life concerns me a bit too, while Note II's battery has been uniformly praised for easily blasting through more than a whole day use.

Anyway, I decided that it's better to hold a Note II first so I can wait comfortably for a few months to let the dusts settle down on 920. The beauty of buying an unlocked phone is that I can sell the Note II anytime I want to the 920.

Yes, I'm almost certain I'll have the 920 eventually b/c I love WP8 and 920 is the best WP8 phone so far. One big price to my "strategic" purchases of Note II and 920 is to get my wife over them and I'm working hard on that...

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
before you guys kill me I want to say that I really really really want to have a 920!

But, I'm extremely frustrated that even right now there is still no firm available dates for unlocked 920s. I have a trip to China coming in less than ten days and I really want to have a new international GSM phone before I leave. I looked at Note II many times, and the killer thing is that it's available, * right now *. I resisted the temptation many times, but last night I just found out that Newegg is running a $90 off promotion for Note II, bringing the total to $589 with free shipping no tax and heck I finally caved in...

To be frank, I believe the bad daynight shots from 920 also nudged me a little bit since I began to believe that Nokia simply does not have a first-grad sensor for its camera, although it has a super f2.0 OIS lens. The report on the short battery life concerns me a bit too, while Note II's battery has been uniformly praised for easily blasting through more than a whole day use.

Anyway, I decided that it's better to hold a Note II first so I can wait comfortably for a few months to let the dusts settle down on 920. The beauty of buying an unlocked phone is that I can sell the Note II anytime I want to the 920.

Yes, I'm almost certain I'll have the 920 eventually b/c I love WP8 and 920 is the best WP8 phone so far. One big price to my "strategic" purchases of Note II and 920 is to get my wife over them and I'm working hard on that...

Peace out Boy Scout. All 12 of your posts will not be forgotten.

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Peace out Boy Scout. All 12 of your posts will not be forgotten.

Duh, I won't be leaving the forum.. I want a top-notch WP8 phone since I like my 710 very much. This Note II will help me to hold on for a few more months when 920s become readily available and get some of its potential problems fixed. The overly aggressive noise-reduction and battery life can potentially be fixed by firmware I guess.

I bought my wife a Galaxy Nexus phone from Google a few months ago. Although it's a very nice phone, I played with it and just didn't feel excited about Android - too plain and uncreative. On the other hand, WP7.5 on my Lumia 710 instantly got me the first second I played with it -- that's the difference. The WP8 can only be so much better. It's the dame Nokia screwing up there. But those bastards will get my money, just few months later...

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Duh, I won't be leaving the forum.. I want a top-notch WP8 phone since I like my 710 very much. This Note II will help me to hold on for a few more months when 920s become readily available and get some of its potential problems fixed. The overly aggressive noise-reduction and battery life can potentially be fixed by firmware I guess.

I bought my wife a Galaxy Nexus phone from Google a few months ago. Although it's a very nice phone, I played with it and just didn't feel excited about Android - too plain and uncreative. On the other hand, WP7.5 on my Lumia 710 instantly got me the first second I played with it -- that's the difference. The WP8 can only be so much better. It's the dame Nokia screwing up there. But those bastards will get my money, just few months later...

Where exactly do you live that you are worried about the 920 being available? Because we are just over a week away from it being available in the US.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
You have what 15 days or so to trade it back in. Go check out the 920 before then and maybe you'll change your mind. Sounds like it will be showing up on the 9th from today's info.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
If he has a 710 I would assume that he is a TMo customer and doesn't want to move to AT&T for the 920, but get it unlocked an bring it to TMo which he won't be able to do for at least 6 months when the exclusivity runs out.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I never was and after getting it in my store, I really don't want that as my tablet of choice :D:p

Lol that big huh? Tbh, those YouTube videos were selling me based on the functions it could do

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol that big huh? Tbh, those YouTube videos were selling me based on the functions it could do

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

Then have you checked out the LG Optimus G? Real multitasking at its best.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site

I got the Note II and it is a beast. Its big but pretty lite even with a case.Coming from an HTC Titan II I couldn't resist and it has made me :D

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Two of my fandroid friends picked up Note 2s and I had a chuckle when they said, "oh look no lag!". Nice device, beautiful screen but the form factor does nothing for me. Not really practical to carry around if you're just heading out somewhere without a murse.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Two of my fandroid friends picked up Note 2s and I had a chuckle when they said, "oh look no lag!". Nice device, beautiful screen but the form factor does nothing for me. Not really practical to carry around if you're just heading out somewhere without a murse.

That's the fallacy of the it's to big thinking as it's not big at all. The form factor makes it easy to hold and if you got average hands easy to use it with one hand. It even has a setting for one handed use. Carrying it around it easily slides into pocket you don't need a murse, as that's a WP fan boy thing there.

To each it's own but don't knock something that is easy to use just because you can't use it properly. Your friends are right as android has just about reached a point where their is little lag.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I never said I can't use it properly, I just stated that the form factor is not for me. I guess I'm not into the phablet thing. Of course a bigger screen size is better, but for me 4.5 is probably the max I would like to go.

I don't have huge hands (I can just about palm a basketball) so it is possible for me to use it one handed, but in most situations you would have to use it with two. Also, I wasn't wearing skinny jeans or anything, but when I put one in my pocket it did feel awkward in a way as it pretty much took up most of the space. Sitting down with it in my pocket wasn't great either.

With that said it is a slick device, and I loved the screen. I'd prefer a GS3 which is a tad smaller

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion