Left Windows Phone for Android

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a General Practitioner.
WP didn't have Medscape when I last checked. The UI really impressed me, but why the absence of medical apps? Even BlackBerry has Medscape.
The only way I would try WP again is if medical apps became available.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Palm OS had the best library of medical apps. Bar none.

Paul627g

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Palm OS had the best library of medical apps. Bar none.

Surprised to hear this. My wife is a registered nurse and soon to be family nurse practitioner and she is all about finding medical apps and such to complete her daily tasks formulating dosages, cross referencing prescriptions, etc. From our findings Apple seems to have the major developers catering to them the most but she will not give into buying an iPhone or iPad simply for that factor alone.

Paul627g

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
i switched Lumia 800 to Xperia S. After 3 months switched back to Lumia 920 and i am happy that i did.
The Xperia S is probably not the best representation of Android devices. It got its moment in the spotlight but it was short lived due to many shortcomings and lack of real support.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Surprised to hear this. My wife is a registered nurse and soon to be family nurse practitioner and she is all about finding medical apps and such to complete her daily tasks formulating dosages, cross referencing prescriptions, etc. From our findings Apple seems to have the major developers catering to them the most but she will not give into buying an iPhone or iPad simply for that factor alone.

Check this out: The Largest Selection of Medical & Nursing PDA Software Online

I thought Palm T/X PDAs were pretty much required during nursing school. You can find mint examples on eBay for about $50-$75 all day long.

Paul627g

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they were recommended but it wasn't enforced. My wife did very well with Epocrates suite for BB at that time, now she's moved to Android and uses the same software on her Android device.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
To each his own. I went to WP8 from Android and can get family updates quicker, share pics easier, find data easier, text faster, etc. Battery life is twice as good as my Evo Shift, wireless charging rocks, phone is rock solid, screen is glorious, etc. Go with what works for you, but implying Android is better is simple ignorance.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Chill out, dude. That's what you do when you are deeply attached to something and you get very frustrated. This was the place I used to come for news and discussions for over a year on a daily basis, so I wanted to share my thoughts with you people, not a bartender. It was my frustration with WP that led me to buy an Android phone.

I think the duck has an excellent point. If you want to jump just do it. If we all did what you're doing everytime we switched to a new os these forums would be filled with thousands of people wanting to share their 'unique' dramas on why they switched.

So no thanks, just go. It'll give you a chance to chill out too ;)

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing you haven't used a note 2.

Battery lasts forever. I'm talking avg 5, 6 hours of screen on time without worrying about screen brightness and not worrying about turning off extra stuff such as gps and bluetooth.

And don't give me that "because it has a big battery" crap. It has a huge screen to light up, multitasking like crazy especially with those multi windows and unlike windows phone, the android widgets can refresh in under 30 minutes.

All of these other 5 inch phones coming out still can't compare to the note 2, they are all just big phones. Samsung has actually made use of the note 2 size with multi windows and wacom digitizer.

Sent from my Meizu MX

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
The Xperia S is probably not the best representation of Android devices. It got its moment in the spotlight but it was short lived due to many shortcomings and lack of real support.

What were its perceived shortcomings? I've been quite happy with mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith