Could BlackBerry 10 kill Windows Phone?

anon3700711

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What the **** did that screen cap prove? That I was RIGHT? *guffaws*

You know nothing. And please stop spreading this word of mouth "common knowledge" information around like it's FACT.

It's common knowledge and IS factual.

212za84.jpg

Oh whats that? Yeah that's Instagram on BB10 which is never coming to WP.

Everything I said IS a fact. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

bb10_fan

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that happening. First of, BlackBerry its only popular in the states. I've never ever seen a blackberry in Europe so if your world is not bigger than the US then sure it might kill Windows phone. But I hate to be the one to bring you the news, but the US is NOT the world and the US is just a tiny player in the phone market."

Like some have mentioned, the problem I see with Blackberry is how unknown it is in Europe. I don't know what's the situation in Asia, though.

People, what are you smoking? What European country are you living? BB known in Europe is much more than WP. There are huge numbers of iOS and Android devices, the rest is mostly BB. I travel everyday and see hundreds of people in train and bus (all age categories) and I can see that there is almost equal number of iPhones and Samsung/HTC Android devices. There are less, but still considerable number of BB devices. Most of BB users are teenagers, but eventually I see business people with 2 devices, BB for work and writing e-mails/sms and iPhone to play games and listen music. Stop saying BB is unknown in Europe because I feel like The Netherlands, Italy and Germany have been excluded from Europe for some reason :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 25637 looks like BB10 is going to have NETFLIX (maybe not at launch, but still...)

Where is your source for this? I could just open Photoshop and make this photo. Get out of here.

At the end of the day, I think the Blackberry is a lot more popular than Windows Phone. If you take a survey and ask people about BB10 VS WP8, a lot of them will know BB10 is coming... Not a lot of people know about Windows Phone 8.

Marketing for WP8 needs to drastically increased.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Nokia copied RIM, really?

It wasn't RIM's software to copy. Scalado offered the software to anyone who wished to use it.

Then timing of it all seems to point to both RIM & Nokia considering it for their phones at the same time, RIM licensed, Nokia bought....

As for calling me a ******, just because BB10 isn't going to be as innovative as you think it is there is no need to call me that. Besides, I have an ipad, an HTC One X, a Bold 9900, and a wp8...... hardly the devices a ****** would have!

I like a bit of everything and see good in all OS's. Anything wrong with that?

BB10 will have other features that WP8 doesn't have, some of which will be great. If you read an earlier post of mine you will see that I said I will probably try out BB10 for myself. It is the only way to know if something suits you or not.

You cannot get away from the fact that the active frames have been taken from the Meego Harmattan OS, nothing wrong with that. TAT (now owned by RIM) worked the Nokia N9. They have added these active frames to BB10 but have they innovated on them? do they work in the same way as they did on the N9?

Jolla Mobile has these active frames also but they have made them interactive..... just saying..

:)

All of the above aside I think BB10 will do just fine and will probably outsell Wp8. They do have a bigger user base to start with.

sdrawkcabII

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What I don't understand is the nonsensical, highly opinionated posts. I don't mind the term ******, as a fan is simply someone with invested interest into something, emotionally and socially. Nothing is wrong with being a fan. What I have a problem with is blind, rude ignoramus. That needs to stop. If you aren't an adult, and can't bring your views across respectfully, don't comment. This is not directed at anyone, but is a general statement.

Statements like "BB10 has Instagram, WP8 will never have it" is stupid, and starts flame wars. No one knows if Instagram will ever be seen on WP8. For all anyone knows, developers could be working on an Instagram app for WP8 at this very moment of reading this.

I have personal grievances with RIM because of the products they shipped before. For what a BB offers presently, and its price is not comparable. The OS is slow, laggy, phones freeze and reboot a lot, installing and uninstalling apps is a pain, and apart from aesthetics, the build quality isn't very sensible to me. The painted aluminium finish encasing the Curve 9360 is a good example of this; it comes off and makes the phone look older than it really is, and is unsightly. All phones suffer some of these problems, true, but I'm not talking about all phones, I'm talking about the phone I own. I am absolutely fed up with BB devices and look forward to jumping ship for the very reasons I stated. To be fair, BB does some things wonderfully, but at this present time, they don't do anything that the competitors can't do. So, should I return to BB when BB10 is launched?
Perhaps, but I am very strict in my views. What RIM offer presently, for the prices they ask for is nothing short of inflated robbery. Of course, the user isn't being forced to pay up, but even suggesting these prices for their inferior devices does not appeal to my sense of fairness, or customer care. Business is business, I understand that, but I'm not selling the phones, I'm buying them, and if I can't see reason enough to pay the fees RIM is asking for, for such inferior products, you can see why I'm turned off by that. Being strict in my views will not allow me to support this company any further. I could care less what cool products they bring out, if I feel that they aren't being fair to the people who make them wealthy (customers), I will not support them, period. This is not solely about RIM, if anyone starts thinking that. This is how I generally think. I have boycotted Apple, Nike, KFC, Adidas and many other companies because of these simple principles.

If BB10 is a success, so be it. But it won't be by my hand; they don't need my money to be successful. I see real value for money in Microsoft devices, I always have. So, they get my support, although I have a grievance with how Microsoft treats some of its product-line workers in 3rd world countries, but that's another issue. But rest assured, if I feel Microsoft is being unfair, for whatever reason, I will gladly leave their services too.

bb10_fan

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Where is your source for this? I could just open Photoshop and make this photo. Get out of here.

At the end of the day, I think the Blackberry is a lot more popular than Windows Phone. If you take a survey and ask people about BB10 VS WP8, a lot of them will know BB10 is coming... Not a lot of people know about Windows Phone 8.

Run a twitter (can you do it on your WP8?) and search for @BlackberryScoop, you'll have your source :)

abass

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

1QYly.png

o3dwP.png

More to come, surely must be faked though, right? :)

abass

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm always on cb, how come I've never seen theses if they're real?

Because they just got leaked about 30-45 minutes ago..? haha they are up on the forums over there. Most of the leaks show up on the CB forums hours/days before CrackBerry actually makes up a blog post.

abass

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Why are you guys acting like this Netflix app is SUCH a big deal.

Geez.

Because it kind of is...? Such a big app developer is on board for such a new OS and it's one of those big make or break apps like facebook and Twitter.. How can you deny that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb