Could BlackBerry 10 kill Windows Phone?

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
if Windows Phone wants to go anywhere, they need to capture the teen/young adult demographic. like it or not, I believe that's a big key to having a large market share.

I have tried contacting snapchat and instagram. snapchat hasnt responded to the 5 emails I've sent them, and Instagram hasn't responded either. both of these companies lack motivation to develop for windows phone, therefore MS needs to reevaluate how it is presenting it's product, both for sales and ease of developing.

it's adapt or die out there, and it's already going to be tough to steer people away from their beloved iPhones and Androids. the way I see it, we have to be able to at least match them app-wise.

when Blackberry 10 comes out, it is rumored to have instagram and many other apps. if it does, why the heck would people ever buy a windows phone over iOS/Android (already a firm lock of market share) and now BB (which will be the best 3rd option)

I just want Windows Phone to succeed. I have one and believe in the product if they can get some app traction

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
if Windows Phone wants to go anywhere, they need to capture the teen/young adult demographic. like it or not, I believe that's a big key to having a large market share.

I have tried contacting snapchat and instagram. snapchat hasnt responded to the 5 emails I've sent them, and Instagram hasn't responded either. both of these companies lack motivation to develop for windows phone, therefore MS needs to reevaluate how it is presenting it's product, both for sales and ease of developing.

it's adapt or die out there, and it's already going to be tough to steer people away from their beloved iPhones and Androids. the way I see it, we have to be able to at least match them app-wise.

when Blackberry 10 comes out, it is rumored to have instagram and many other apps. if it does, why the heck would people ever buy a windows phone over iOS/Android (already a firm lock of market share) and now BB (which will be the best 3rd option)

I just want Windows Phone to succeed. I have one and believe in the product if they can get some app traction

I can't see anything other than the post you just described continuing. MS failed to do one very important thing when they relaunched WP under WP8: they didn't change the name. MS should have totally rebranded it because out of all the current offerings, "windows phone" is probably the most uncool name you could choose from.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
BB10, imo, looks like a mix of N9 and Android. Not attractive at all. I think it'll attract a different type of person than WP8.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Apps are gonna be the thing. Sitting in a meeting with Blackberry folks and they said you can take an Android app and 5 minutes it will be a BB10 app and the user won't know a difference. That means things like Instagram can probably be ported with no more staff on Instagrams side. That could be huge.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
if windows phone wants to go anywhere, they need to capture the teen/young adult demographic. Like it or not, i believe that's a big key to having a large market share.

I have tried contacting snapchat and instagram. Snapchat hasnt responded to the 5 emails i've sent them, and instagram hasn't responded either. Both of these companies lack motivation to develop for windows phone, therefore ms needs to reevaluate how it is presenting it's product, both for sales and ease of developing.

It's adapt or die out there, and it's already going to be tough to steer people away from their beloved iphones and androids. The way i see it, we have to be able to at least match them app-wise.

When blackberry 10 comes out, it is rumored to have instagram and many other apps. If it does, why the heck would people ever buy a windows phone over ios/android (already a firm lock of market share) and now bb (which will be the best 3rd option)

i just want windows phone to succeed. I have one and believe in the product if they can get some app traction

QFT

owegjiopwejipfgj

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Remember how the Storm looked great before launch and BB fans thought it would be a worthy competitor to the iPhone?

I think people need to wait til results before crowning BB10. I don't doubt that it will take #3 spot in North America but I'm not convinced for the rest of the world.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Remember how the Storm looked great before launch and BB fans thought it would be a worthy competitor to the iPhone?

I think people need to wait til results before crowning BB10. I don't doubt that it will take #3 spot in North America but I'm not convinced for the rest of the world.

Good point. A lot of people fell for the Storm.

lynxs_claw

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
yea I had the storm 1 and 2.......yikes

Sorry, you guys can keep trying to compare BB10 to the Storm, but all the Storm was was just BBOS with full touch. BB10 is a completely new platform and if you have seen the many leaks and videos of the high performance, efficient UI of BB10 and developer support.. you really should instead of making lame comparisons to old operating systems and phones that RIM has already recognized require a major update.

In 3 days we'll all see the release of this most impressive mobile experience in quite sometime.

lynxs_claw

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh boy.

BB10 is like modern Android, but uglier.

Really.. Pretty weak argument.. Grided applications, square icons.. doesn't seem too different.. I guess beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.. But if you're into fluorescent multicolors that wake you up better than coffee... then..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, you guys can keep trying to compare BB10 to the Storm, but all the Storm was was just BBOS with full touch. BB10 is a completely new platform and if you have seen the many leaks and videos of the high performance, efficient UI of BB10 and developer support.. you really should instead of making lame comparisons to old operating systems and phones that RIM has already recognized require a major update.

In 3 days we'll all see the release of this most impressive mobile experience in quite sometime.
The point I made about the Storm is that some people who had one had such a bad experience that they are turned off by the BlackBerry brand completely. They don't care about the new OS; if it says "BlackBerry", they won't touch it. Kind of like people who had a bad experience with a PC virus so they got a Mac and won't use a PC again.

lynxs_claw

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
The point I made about the Storm is that some people who had one had such a bad experience that they are turned off by the BlackBerry brand completely. They don't care about the new OS; if it says "BlackBerry", they won't touch it. Kind of like people who had a bad experience with a PC virus so they got a Mac and won't use a PC again.

I'm not sure everyone is that fickle. Some.. Yes. Take me for instance.. I survived Windows Vista. Microsoft's worse operating system ever made IMO. Did I dump Microsoft when Windows 7 came out.. No. I think all tech companies are entitled to a few mistakes - as long as they learn from it. RIM's issue is that there are better alternatives to BBOS on the market right now.. BB10 will change that ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo