Am I the only one here that wants to see BB10 succeed?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you. I just switched from bb and like their direction and product. I do not see an inverse relationship between WP and bb. I think they will both thrive in the near future.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. Not that I have any experience with BB at all but I think the more options the consumer has the better. When you think about it having only 3 types of phones to choose between when buying a new handset (Android, IOS, WP) really isn't much.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you. Not that I have any experience with BB at all but I think the more options the consumer has the better. When you think about it having only 3 types of phones to choose between when buying a new handset (Android, IOS, WP) really isn't much.

Just wait till Firefox and Ubuntu join the gameboard. People will get lots of choice in the near future :)

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely want them to succeed! I want a blackberry! Probably a Q10. Competition is healthy and I would like to see Nokia and BB back on top :p

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I liked the OS on the Blackberry Playbook and my understanding is Blackberry 10 has some similarities to that, so yeah, I'd like to see BB 10 gain market traction, just not at the expense of Windows Phone 8 OS.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The playbook is why I was looking forward to z10. I don't know why bb10 success would hurt wp that much. I would think that it would be more likely to pull user from apple and android for no other reason than change. WP very unique when compared to everything else.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I like it, but to be honest, I'm leery of leaving Android in case that whole Ubuntu UI stuff catches on. Then I could have a newer swipe based UI and a large app selection

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as how I jumped ship from my Torch to WP7 (and now WP8) I would like to see BB get their sh*t back together and succeed. I'll wait at least one generation of devices before getting one myself though (lord knows I regretted getting a first-gen WP7 device).

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The mobile phone market is one of the largest in existence. One mobile phone contract exists for almost every person on the planet (the fact that some don't have a phone is compensated by those that have multiple SIMs/contracts). Half of those contracts already run on smartphones, most of the rest are expected to follow within five years. One would think there is more than enough room for all the competitors.

Unfortunately, it appears consumers want nothing of it. 75% of all the profits are made by Apple. Samsung takes most of what is left, while the rest fight for scraps. Companies like HTC and Nokia can barely break even. I don't know how BB is doing, but I hear they aren't fairing much better.

Theoretically, I too support the notion of "the more the merrier", but due to the way the market currently behaves, I must assume smartphone enthusiasts are the only ones who care. Everyone else appears fine with two choices, and I think we can consider ourselves lucky if a third viable option emerges. I doubt a fourth player can cut off a sizable enough chunk of the profits, as to allow enough reinvestment into R&D to remain competitive over the long term.

I too hope BB succeeds, but if we can only have three, then I would prefer WP.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I want BB10 to succeed and I don't even like the os very much. From what I've seen of it it looks decent and definitely way better than android but I don't think it compares to WP. Like someone else said, I want it to succeed so theres more competition, just not at the expense of WP8's marketshare. MS really needs to push windows phone, BB seems to do a much better job at marketing, just please for MS's sake don't hire a celebrity as a "creative consultant" !!!!! Alicia keys struck me as just rehearsing her lines, but not really knowing, using, or caring about the product. I really like that Joe belfiore is the WP head as he seems to know what he is doing, I think overall MS is definitely in a better position than BB just because they have windows 8 and so many other products as well as OEM partners to help sell and tie into WP. WP still has the best UI imho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire