Lineups across Canada

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The Canadian members of CrackBerry.com are reporting people have been lining up outside all the major carriers plus stores like Best Buy for launch day today. Same thing happened in UK

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
No lineups in Toronto...

There were no lineups in Toronto on Tuesday, but Research In Motion Ltd. has won back at least one customer as it launches its brand new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

In Canada, however, at the big Future Shop and Best Buy stores near the intersection of Yonge Street and Dundas Street West, there were no lineups ahead of the stores' openings at 10 a.m. A Bell store in the Eaton Centre had two large displays for the BlackBerry Z10, but there was also no lineup.
The only lineup in sight around one of Toronto’s biggest intersections on the new BlackBerry’s launch day was at a Starbucks, outside which two Ryerson University students, Grace Lo and Bryan Chiu, were lounging with their iPhones. Ms. Lo said she sees BlackBerrys as a device her dad would use, but not her, though she added that her dad – who has “fat fingers,” according to Ms. Lo – was slightly disappointed that the first new BlackBerry to launch does not have a keyboard, but that he may wait for the BlackBerry Q10.

New BlackBerry arrives in Canada, carriers see strong demand - The Globe and Mail

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Looks like that report must've just been the area that guy was at, I went and played with it at my local Bell in the mall and hour after opening and the report said there were about a dozen sold that hour

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It would really suck if they weren't getting long lines in homeland, Canada. But what constitutes a lot of people for a country which has less people than one of our 50 states?

tavisdunn

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It would really suck if they weren't getting long lines in homeland, Canada. But what constitutes a lot of people for a country which has less people than one of our 50 states?

What a silly statement. Sure Canada is smaller than ONE of your states. California to be exact, but its larger than every other individual state. If Canada miraculously turned into the 51st state not only would it be 2nd only to California in population, but by leaps and bounds the wealthiest state.

Doing well in a land of 34 million still a big deal (add in it did even better in the UK) and yes there are lines, but no not iphone sized line. Though why that is now the measure of success, I don't know.....a lot of us older folk (past 30) consider standing around in line for something you can just preorder kinda dumb.

That being said, I've never seen any lines for no Lumia or HTC, which despite being a proud Canadian, is kinda sad as I've invested heavily in this platform when I left BB last year.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The Canadian members of CrackBerry.com are reporting people have been lining up outside all the major carriers plus stores like Best Buy for launch day today. Same thing happened in UK

A couple of things:
1) I've seen no lineups anywhere where I was, and I haven't heard a lot about them either.

2) You're trying too hard. BB better sell well, here - it's one of BB's few bastions so is UK for that matter. WP is tough to find here in the wild, but my carrier says it's selling rather well (but it is all anecdotal)

3) WP and BB fans arguing reminds me of two small dogs fighting over table scraps. Pretty pathetic.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan of technology. I'm just sick of BB fans coming here with useless posts that start flame wars. Most of their posts, which are full of false information, are a scathing indictment of their "wealthy by leaps and bounds" education system. Some people on this forum are too sensitive, and their devotion to a brand name is creepy. That goes for some mods too. LOL

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss