Bad news for Blackberry. Z10 return rate high

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well actually the returning rates are significant cause Z10 is having low sale rates...if you take a SGS3 for example, which sold millions of units worldwide, even a number considered high can appear insignificant!

if Z10 was selling millions and millions of units, this info would surely be kind of irrelevant...but that's not the scenario here!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's that surprising that the Z10 isn't doing well. Everyone I know that still uses a Blackberry likes it because of the physical keyboard. I bet the Q10 will do much better than the Z10.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It's probably not un-intuitive. Just something different to what they are used to. Just like Windows 8, I dont think it's any less intuitive, it's just different. Actually, I think most of it is much smarter than doing it fe. Windows 7 style.

I havnt got use a Z10, though, but it looked interesting in the videos. Not interesting enough for me to even consider it, but still.

samab

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The 920 may not have sold like hotcakes compared to the iphones and galaxys of this world, but even it had more positive buzz around it compared to the Z10 when it was finally released.

There are a lot of indications that the BB10 launch in the US has been a flop and thinking the Q10 will turn things around is laughable at this point.

Except that the indications are all based on flawed data.

Basically every single analytics firms don't count Playbook/Z10 as a Blackberry.

Steves' Stats: BlackBerry Z10 Identification

Google Analytics counts the Playbook and the Z10 as Safari.

Message to RIM: Fix the way Google Analytics reports BlackBerry browser data on new devices. You're helping the competition! | CrackBerry.com

BB10 Browser shows as Safari in Analytics - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

The only analytics firm that is correctly identifying the Z10 as a Blackberry is showing that at least in the UK, the bloggers are talking crap. Statcounter is showing a slow and steady market share gain in the UK --- and more importantly not a random sampling error.

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

Then bloggers use these flawed data to write articles, people read about them and then respond to "surveys" that will say that they are not going to buy a Blackberry --- which the bloggers promptly use the survey as real evidence. It is RIM's fault for not getting Google Analytics to change their browser ID. Even if RIM can't get Google to change, it is still RIM's fault for not telling Wall Street and internet bloggers that the analytics data is flawed.

samab

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Good luck trying to get google to change anything. Just ask any WP user.

Except that at the very least --- every analytics firm will actually count a Windows Phone as a Windows Phone because it uses IE Mobile.

This is RIM's fault, not really Google's fault. If RIM expects Google not to change their analytics software, then RIM should have gone out and talk to Wall Street analysts and internet bloggers directly and tell them that the numbers are flawed. That 1% in the analytics may not be 1% after all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720