06-02-2013 04:25 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    Stock android isn't perfect, apps still crash and hang even on the quad core nexus 4. Samsung wacks so much bloatware on your phone, fills it with gimmick software and steals loads of your storage.
    05-12-2013 12:31 PM
    Stock android isn't perfect, apps still crash and hang even on the quad core nexus 4. Samsung wacks so much bloatware on your phone, fills it with gimmick software and steals loads of your storage.
    Exactly, but usually app crash is a problem the developer should fix, but when it comes to OS apps like "Unfortunately, Google Play store stopped responding", seriously google play store crashes. GOOGLE is not giving attention to their smartphone os.
    05-12-2013 12:44 PM
    I have never seen a windows phone lag. I've had the HTC hd7 and now my Nokia Lumia 810. I use to have a HTC one s. What I've notice with android phone is that after months of having your phone it will lag a lot more than when you first got it. It might be different with other android phones but that's what I've noticed with the HTC one s
    05-12-2013 12:54 PM
    so I guess I have to be proud and say it loud ""Nokia Lumia 920"
    05-12-2013 12:55 PM
    Also forgot to mention that android does not just have a lag issue it also has the app force closing issue!
    05-12-2013 12:55 PM
    Nexus 4 retails for $350. A mid-low end Lumia comes within that price range. What specs does a Lumia in the same price range has?
    So Nexus 4 - isn't the flagship Android device? What is the flagship Android device then? I'm baffled.

You guys act like windows phone doesn't lag at all. Now that's not to say android doesn't lag, it certainly does, but windows phone does too. In fact every os lags e even iOS.

And yes. The S4 had a lag issue because of the amount of features that Samsung forced on there.
    No, WP doesn't have lags*

*XBox hub doesn't count - is a known bug in the hub, not the OS!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2013 01:22 PM
    So Nexus 4 - isn't the flagship Android device? What is the flagship Android device then? I'm baffled.

No, WP doesn't have lags*

*XBox hub doesn't count - is a known bug in the hub, not the OS!
    Yes wp does lag. I have an 8x in front of me right now. But whatever there's no use arguing on a wp forum.
    05-12-2013 01:27 PM
    Yes wp does lag. I have an 8x in front of me right now. But whatever there's no use arguing on a wp forum.
    Nope, it won't help considering most of us have known and used this OS since 2010 without a lag!
    05-12-2013 01:29 PM
    Also forgot to mention that android does not just have a lag issue it also has the app force closing issue!
    Not much of the lag that I hate on Nexus 4 and all other Android. It's how buggy Android is.
    05-12-2013 01:30 PM
    Yes wp does lag. I have an 8x in front of me right now..
    Can you explain that more clearly with a scenario??
    05-12-2013 01:31 PM
    But also and don't get me wrong my Lumia 920 with two cores compared to my(was) Samsung galaxy S4 with 8 cores and double the ram, the s4 still lagged. I think people should blame android oems and not android.
    well, this 8 core thing is just misleading lol and why?

it works on 4+4 cores and each set work at a time!
    you got 4 A15 cores for heavy tasks and 4 A7 cores for simpler (light) tasks!

what this means? the phone never uses the 8 cores at the same time! it only uses 4 cores at a time, like i said above, depending on light/heavy tasks!

so in the end, you still have a quad-core lol and you should treat it like so!

then what's different about this octa chip? well despite still being a quad-core, it sure is a high-performance one and they claim the 4 A7 to be more power efficient!

but don't be mislead to think it runs 8 cores at the same time, because it doesen't lol

and yes, quad-cores can also lag, specially with Android! specially when you have a crapload of software gimmicks, bloatware and apps!

edit: if my explanation was insufficient or i didn't make myself clear (english is not my native language) read this - http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/06/s...tacore-review/
    hacer619 likes this.
    05-12-2013 01:43 PM
    Can you explain that more clearly with a scenario??
    I notice when I unlock my phone and tap on the email icon the animation lags a little bit. Also when I open the messaging app and slide to the right, it lags while scrolling because it is loading stuff in the background. Then there is the time to time in third party app lag, although that is more the dev than wp.

Nope, it won't help considering most of us have known and used this OS since 2010 without a lag!
    You've used the OS longer, good for you. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. I notice the lag, you don't. Simple as that.
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 05-12-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    05-12-2013 02:08 PM
    I notice when I unlock my phone and tap on the email icon the animation lags a little bit. Also when I open the messaging app and slide to the right, it lags while scrolling because it is loading stuff in the background. Then there is the time to time in third party app lag, although that is more the dev than wp.

You've used the OS longer, good for you. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. I notice the lag, you don't. Simple as that.
    You yourself has justified that "lag" that you call it, isn't lag. It's things loading i.e. your messenger refreshing contacts. If you put that phone in flight mode and put an Android in flight mode - you will still see lag on Android. Also, never said you are wrong. You probably are right in your own observation but knowing what we know from millions of other users who've used and reviewed fluidity and lag-free WP OS in past 3 years, this probably is an one-off outlier statistically.
    05-12-2013 02:31 PM
    You yourself has justified that "lag" that you call it, isn't lag. It's things loading i.e. your messenger refreshing contacts. If you put that phone in flight mode and put an Android in flight mode - you will still see lag on Android. Also, never said you are wrong. You probably are right in your own observation but knowing what we know from millions of other users who've used and reviewed fluidity and lag-free WP OS in past 3 years, this probably is an one-off outlier statistically.
    I think it's still lag. Of course it won't lag in flight mode because there won't be anything loading. The animations stutter when it is loading the contacts, and that to me is lag.
    05-12-2013 02:54 PM
    I think it's still lag. Of course it won't lag in flight mode because there won't be anything loading. The animations stutter when it is loading the contacts, and that to me is lag.
    What do you mean they stutter? I have yet to experience such a thing and I am on a lumia 620! Even while it is loading the contacts everything is running smoothly.
    05-12-2013 03:12 PM
    What do you mean they stutter? I have yet to experience such a thing and I am on a lumia 620! Even while it is loading the contacts everything is running smoothly.
    The poorer the connection speed, longer it takes to load i.e. lag.
    05-12-2013 03:29 PM

what this means? the phone never uses the 8 cores at the same time! it only uses 4 cores at a time, like i said above, depending on light/heavy tasks!

then what's different about this octa chip? well despite still being a quad-core, it sure is a high-performance one and they claim the 4 A7 to be more power efficient!

but don't be mislead to think it runs 8 cores at the same time, because it doesen't lol

and yes, quad-cores can also lag, specially with Android! specially when you have a crapload of software gimmicks, bloatware and apps!

edit: if my explanation was insufficient or i didn't make myself clear (english is not my native language) read this - Samsung Galaxy S 4 with Exynos Octa-core: what's different?
    that's a good point, you are right
    05-12-2013 03:31 PM
    The poorer the connection speed, longer it takes to load i.e. lag.
    Well, this can happen to any smartphone right?
    05-12-2013 03:39 PM
    Well, this can happen to any smartphone right?
    yes, but the purpose of this thread is about OS lag which is caused by improper management of hardware/software and not apps lag which is caused by poor internet connection
    wpn00b likes this.
    05-12-2013 04:31 PM
    So to have a lag-free experiences I need to buy only specific high-end? Thank god, I can pick up any Lumia from 510 to 928 and not worry about the lag!
    Nope. every high end Android phone( HTC One, Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 are all smooth you don't have to buy a specific one.

edit: if my explanation was insufficient or i didn't make myself clear (english is not my native language) read this - Samsung Galaxy S 4 with Exynos Octa-core: what's different?
    Yes it does **** me off as well I know they use ARMS big.LITTLE tech in their exynos chipset.

For real?
    as for nexus devices they are loaded with untouched rom and shouldn't experience any lag
    I got the S4 update 2 days ago it's just as smooth as my N4, for why it's worth I live in NZ so obviously have the international version.

Lumia 720 - Great Camera - One step below 920. Slek and slim phone. 4.3 inch screen. Expandable with micro sd.
    Nexus 4- Stock Android- Sleek and slim phone- 4.7 IPS display.

I suffered from a lot of lag on my Galaxy Nexus but I reset it last night and at the moment the lag is gone but, I don't have games installed. My feeling is that Android is smooth enough but only if you don't have masses of data, a lot of top games titles are 1Gb or more, in storage and lots of widgets.
    I have a Nexus 4 and I have no problem with all my apps and no lag what so ever. project butter was necessary and I wouldn't consider Android without it.
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 05-13-2013 at 04:51 AM.
    05-12-2013 04:50 PM
    Nope. every high end Android phone( HTC One, Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 are all smooth you don't have to buy a specific one.
    I agree. I have very rare instances of lag on my note 2, and my nexus 10 is perfectly smooth. But like I said before, we are in a windows phone forum fighting against some of the strongest fanboys there are. Jk Jk.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by elvisgp; 05-12-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    anon5664829 likes this.
    05-12-2013 05:08 PM
    No need to argue, you can always take a picture of your 8x and post it here or even better, record and post a video of the lag on your 8x.
    hacer619 likes this.
    05-12-2013 05:16 PM
    For real?
    as for nexus devices they are loaded with untouched rom and shouldn't experience any lag
    You might think that. Its what I thought too. I have the Nexus 7 and its a good thing I spent my money on it. If it was a gift or won it in some contest, it'll be in a land fill by now. It lags so badly, I have to reboot it once a day. And I only use it for Flipboard and morning radio before I head to the office.
    05-12-2013 05:24 PM
    You might think that. Its what I thought too. I have the Nexus 7 and its a good thing I spent my money on it. If it was a gift or won it in some contest, it'll be in a land fill by now. It lags so badly, I have to reboot it once a day. And I only use it for Flipboard and morning radio before I head to the office.
    I do have an asus transformer prime with the same specs as nexus 7 and it lags a lot. There is a huge improvement in ICS, but it still lags. swiping through apps, typing in any app.
    05-12-2013 05:32 PM
    Ahh yes. The N7 was lagging for some reason. I give you that.
    05-12-2013 07:12 PM
130 1234 ...