So I got the S4

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I doubt that. In this same thread users have suggested TouchWiz, HTC Home etc making the phone laggy. So even after buying a high end HTC One or S4 (like the OP) if one has to experience lag, you have to wonder what phone should be purchased to experience Android at its best.

But then again, I never have to think which Lumia to pick up if I want a smooth, lag free, no freeze OS - if I have cash to throw, it's Lumia 928 (and if I'm on Verizon :/) and if I am real stingy and want to buy bread for my family, probably I'll settle for Lumia 610 and still have a smooth, lag free, no freeze OS.

Point being : high end, low end : with WP laggy days have seen a dead end.

It's facebook Home not HTC, HTC sense is smooth as hell.the update to touch wizz made it smoother, Gone are the days of Android lagging. Please just stop anyone that tries to say android lags.

You do know that the topic at hand is "lag" not reboots and battery life. Because that's a whole new can of worms you are trying to open. And also what was inserted as a question earlier was : So to have a lag free android experience one *must* buy a high end phone. You cant have a good android experience for ?130, can you? I surely can bet ?99 for Lumia 710 is lag free.

And Android does NOT lag I'm telling you from experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

donoester

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Low end Windows Phones might perform well in day to day tasks, but let's ask those who just bought a Lumia 720 how they feel about not being able to play Temple Run when their buddies with Android phone half the price are playing Temple Run 2. Yes, it will sting and it will sting very hard.
Ehh, Personally I have not ordered my Lumia 720 yet or decided if it will be an 820. But I'd be more than happy not to have the pleasure of playing Temple Run. Considering the simple sprites, small FOV and DOF they were not able to make it run on less than 1 GB on WP8. If I was the software developer in charge, I'd jump off a cliff for that ****** accomplishment. They should really be ashamed. :D

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually it's two step below 920. You've conveniently forgotten the 820. And the hardware that Nexus 4 offers for $350 makes the 720 look like a rip-off. Keeping OS preferences aside this $350 phone gets you a CPU that's even higher end than the 920, twice the RAM of 920, twice the power of Adreno 225 of 920 and a similar resolution screen of 920.

WP8 With 1GB Ram = Butter
Android with 3 GB of RAM = Okay preformance

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Wp8 is still in the rudimentary stages. The OS is nice, but just like windows you have to keep doing hard resets' every other month to get the phone to update the tiles and lock screen, which makes for a very frustrating experience. According to my lock screen/live tile I'm posting this at 9:48 am. This is consistent with every WP owner's experience that I know. I wanted Wp to be a success, but folks don't need a phone with the same problems of a windows computer. I would never buy an iPhone because the screen is to small, but people love it because it does what it says it will do. If Nokia made the E71 with a bigger screen I would buy it over the L920, even with the old, outdated, Symbian OS!!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
You must not know many WP owners then, and looking at your posting history 99% of your posts are WP bashing so it's hard to take your griefs seriously.

Maybe you do have to do resets on your WP, but with Android the phone does it for you by itself a few times a day. :wink:

elvisgp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You must not know many WP owners then, and looking at your posting history 99% of your posts are WP bashing so it's hard to take your griefs seriously.

Maybe you do have to do resets on your WP, but with Android the phone does it for you by itself a few times a day. :wink:

Yeah that's true about my history posts. But if u actually read them, u would see that I'm actually rational and say that android has its faults too. You want me to be a ******? Ok. Here we go: WINDOWS MOBILE PHONE 8 SUCKS. IT'S LAGGY AND EVEN MAKES IOS LOOK GOOD. TROLOLOLL. GO ANDROID

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
my post was originally meant for Phasar but a couple of posts snuck in before I hit submit.

Either way we have people with experience with the latest builds of Android who say they have experienced lag and those that say they haven't. As with most things, personal experiences may vary.

My personal experience - I was recently setting up a Nexus 7 which was supposed to be a gift for someone and it was fine the day I initially used it. After a day of installing apps and games it was safe to say that it did lag and act unresponsive at times. It reminded me of why i jumped off the Android wagon after the Nexus One came out.

Nick Sykora

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I sold my crumby lumia 920 for the GS4 and it was the best decision I've made in a very long time. Not only is the camera 1000000 times better but divx and flac files work out of the box.

I've noticed no lag and have way less limitations. All my favorite apps are back.

Lumia 920 does not even compare to the GS4...

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
my post was originally meant for Phasar but a couple of posts snuck in before I hit submit.

Either way we have people with experience with the latest builds of Android who say they have experienced lag and those that say they haven't. As with most things, personal experiences may vary.

My personal experience - I was recently setting up a Nexus 7 which was supposed to be a gift for someone and it was fine the day I initially used it. After a day of installing apps and games it was safe to say that it did lag and act unresponsive at times. It reminded me of why i jumped off the Android wagon after the Nexus One came out.
All my post deal with the reality of the windows phone experience. This is the only phone I've ever had to replace 3 times in less than nine months. And if you took your homer helmet with the super blinders off, you would find that most posters here have had more than one L920.

jlp34876

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 7 jelly bean 4.2.2 does lag specially when typing user name or password on a website viewed on desktop, even by just swiping from my list of apps.

Mind you that its a NEXUS device a product of Google and they cant even optimized their OS to the hardware.

Sure i can use kernels overclock the device, but the device would not even last for more than three hours and that's terrible coming from a nexus device.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I would lose my cool regularly too if my phone/tablet lagged or froze on a consistent basis. It's ok man, I'm sure there will be some dessert-named update out soon that might help you out a little. I understand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)