06-02-2013 05:25 PM
130 ... 456
tools
    LOL, whenever I see Touchwiz I always think Cheezewiz, glad to have never owned a Sammy!
    The lag is due to Touchwiz, which is Samsung's UI overlay, not because of Android itself. Also they release an update to address some of those issues.
    06-02-2013 03:09 PM
    The lag problem is within android OS itself, it's that google quickly implemented touch within the os, so touch inputs and all OS processing is done all together there is no separate controller for touch inputs, even though touchwiz causes lag but its not the only problem.
    Read this to find out more:
    Is Android Doomed to Lag More than iOS? | TIME.com
    06-02-2013 03:21 PM
    So heres my story.
    Being a Lumia 920 owner, I went today to a store to get the Samsung galaxy s4 and maybe replace it with my L920. Already having this android lag phobia which I have experienced from previous android devices I had to try the S4 at the store before buying (try before you buy) and you all know how laaaggyyy the L920 is :p, So I tried it out and didnt notice any lag and that no apps or games where installed on the device. So I bought the s4 after getting convinced. After I got home I was so happy that I started installing all apps and games on my L920, and there it goes I started experiencing the laaaaaaag, yes laaaaaaag (its not that the device is unusable, but like a noticeable lag when swiping through apps) and did I mention PHOBIA earlier. So by that time I looked at my L920 which I put aside and said this is my biggest mistake I did when buying a smartphone. I just did a factory reset to my s4 and returned it. End of PHOBIA. I hope google sorts out this issue in their next android release, though I wont be getting any android device in the future.
    What do you think guys?
    Do what?

You own an L920, but went to buy a S4 to replace the S4 with the L920 you already own?

You try the S4 out in the store to test the lag, because we all know how laggy the L920 is?

You get home with the new S4 and begin installing apps on your L920?

So you put aside the L920 thinking it is the biggest mistake you've ever made?

But you returned the S4?
    hacer619 likes this.
    06-02-2013 04:37 PM
    I think proof reading is a lost art:-\
    Ryano89 likes this.
    06-02-2013 04:41 PM
    Do what? you have to figure this out

You own an L920, but went to buy a S4 to replace the S4 with the L920 you already own? my bad

You try the S4 out in the store to test the lag, because we all know how laggy the L920 is? how laaaggyyy the L920 is ;p

You get home with the new S4 and begin installing apps on your L920?
    I should have made it clear, what I meant: begin installing apps and games installed on my L920

So you put aside the L920 thinking it is the biggest mistake you've ever made?
    should be clear, based on prior events

But you returned the S4? now this '?' doesn't make sense
    even though I was angry when posting this. thanks for pointing this out.
    06-02-2013 05:25 PM
130 ... 456