So I got the S4

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
So here’s my story.
Being a Lumia 920 owner, I went today to a store to get the Samsung galaxy s4 and maybe replace my L920. Already having this android lag phobia which I have experienced from previous android devices I had to try the S4 at the store before buying (try before you buy) and you all know how laaaggyyy the L920 is ;p, So I tried it out and didn’t notice any lag and that no apps or games where installed on the device. So I bought the s4 after getting convinced. After I got home I was so happy that I started installing all apps and games installed on my L920, and there it goes I started experiencing the laaaaaaag, yes laaaaaaag (it’s not that the device is unusable, but like a noticeable lag when swiping through apps) and did I mention PHOBIA earlier. So by that time I looked at my L920 which I put aside and said this is my biggest mistake I did when buying a smartphone. I just did a factory reset to my s4 and returned it. End of PHOBIA. I hope google sorts out this issue in their next android release, though I won’t be getting any android device in the future.
What do you think guys?

Last edited:

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
So here’s my story.
Being a Lumia 920 owner, I went today to a store to get the Samsung galaxy s4 and maybe replace it with my L920. Already having this android lag phobia which I have experienced from previous android devices I had to try the S4 at the store before buying (try before you buy) and you all know how laaaggyyy the L920 is :p, So I tried it out and didn’t notice any lag and that no apps or games where installed on the device. So I bought the s4 after getting convinced. After I got home I was so happy that I started installing all apps and games on my L920, and there it goes I started experiencing the laaaaaaag, yes laaaaaaag (it’s not that the device is unusable, but like a noticeable lag when swiping through apps) and did I mention PHOBIA earlier. So by that time I looked at my L920 which I put aside and said this is my biggest mistake I did when buying a smartphone. I just did a factory reset to my s4 and returned it. End of PHOBIA. I hope google sorts out this issue in their next android release, though I won’t be getting any android device in the future.
What do you think guys?
The S4 had a lag specific issue that was fixed yesterday with an update. Also my Nexus 4 does not lag it is just as fast as my iPhone 5, should have tried a Nexus 4 first.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
The S4 had a lag specific issue that was fixed yesterday with an update. Also my Nexus 4 does not lag it is just as fast as my iPhone 5, should have tried a Nexus 4 first.

For real?
as for nexus devices they are loaded with untouched rom and shouldn't experience any lag

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

So to have a lag-free experience I need to buy only specific high-end? Thank god, I can pick up any Lumia from 510 to 928 and not worry about the lag!

Last edited:

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you want a good, pure AOSP experience grab a Nexus 4. Outstanding Android phone. I picked one up early on. Love it. Dig my yellow 920 more but when I want a change for a while I enjoy the Nexus. Recommended and only 350 off contract. Nice.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Go for the Nexus 4 not S4 :p if you want unadultered Android with no skin and all that. A Real SmartPhone experience is on Android and not with the WP8 :) . WP has alot of limitations and no unified notification center. If you don't need the camera( of L920) , I would return it and go for an Android.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want a good, pure AOSP experience grab a Nexus 4. Outstanding Android phone. I picked one up early on. Love it. Dig my yellow 920 more but when I want a change for a while I enjoy the Nexus. Recommended and only 350 off contract. Nice.

You are right. Need a change of phones to keep away from getting bored.. Anyway I am looking at the new Nokia Asha Phones.
Elop: Innovation and new products in the Asha line in the days immediately ahead (Read 9th May, Asha 501)!! | Nokiapoweruser

new operating system. So fresh.

Somehow I am bored of Androids and IOS icon views..

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 720 - Great Camera - One step below 920. Slek and slim phone. 4.3 inch screen. Expandable with micro sd.
Actually it's two step below 920. You've conveniently forgotten the 820. And the hardware that Nexus 4 offers for $350 makes the 720 look like a rip-off. Keeping OS preferences aside this $350 phone gets you a CPU that's even higher end than the 920, twice the RAM of 920, twice the power of Adreno 225 of 920 and a similar resolution screen of 920.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well i tried S4, it's really smooth and doesn't lagg like S3.
If there wouldn't be Windows phone, i would definetly pick it, even if it looks horrible and has OS that i don't like.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You guys are sure giving some extra effort for this gentleman to change his mind. What's up with that?

Hacer, use whatever device makes you happy. Of most of the "advise" I've ever gotten from others, I've found most of it to be completely wrong.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I suffered from a lot of lag on my Galaxy Nexus but I reset it last night and at the moment the lag is gone but, I don't have games installed. My feeling is that Android is smooth enough but only if you don't have masses of data, a lot of top games titles are 1Gb or more, in storage and lots of widgets.

elvisgp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys act like windows phone doesn't lag at all. Now that's not to say android doesn't lag, it certainly does, but windows phone does too. In fact every os lags e even iOS.

And yes. The S4 had a lag issue because of the amount of features that Samsung forced on there.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
You guys act like windows phone doesn't lag at all. Now that's not to say android doesn't lag, it certainly does, but windows phone does too. In fact every os lags e even iOS.

And yes. The S4 had a lag issue because of the amount of features that Samsung forced on there.

Well when you have 8 cores (or 4 core) with double or 4 times the ram and still lag like a single core windows phone device with half the ram, it says so much about your 8 core phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss