So I got the S4

Erk1209

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it's still lag. Of course it won't lag in flight mode because there won't be anything loading. The animations stutter when it is loading the contacts, and that to me is lag.

Not planning on reading the whole thread but I did want to support you a bit with my experiences.

I swapped my iphone for an HTC 8x on Verizon simply because I was bored. I really liked the interface but the phone lagged and stuttered. A lot. I could get over the lag when unlocking the phone but I had a terrible experience with stutter in the messaging app. I would have to type at half speed to keep letters from getting skipped. Specifically remember an issue where one tap of the space bar would result in a period and several spaces. Thinking I had a defective phone I had it swapped by Verizon for a new one which had all the same issues.

Disappointed, i bought a lumia 928 at launch because I'm a slow learner. However, I was taken aback by how much smoother and responsive the phone was. I can type at full speed, don't have to wait for loading after unlocking, and there's never any stutter as the tiles "fly" back when I hit home. Even though the lumias hardware is virtually identically to the 8x's, Nokia has crafted a much more positive experience.

I don't think you were wrong at all about WP8 lag sir, just experienced the OS on the wrong phone!

TLDR: don't judge windows phone until you've used a Nokia.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So here?s my story.
Being a Lumia 920 owner, I went today to a store to get the Samsung galaxy s4 and maybe replace it with my L920. Already having this android lag phobia which I have experienced from previous android devices I had to try the S4 at the store before buying (try before you buy) and you all know how laaaggyyy the L920 is :p, So I tried it out and didn?t notice any lag and that no apps or games where installed on the device. So I bought the s4 after getting convinced. After I got home I was so happy that I started installing all apps and games on my L920, and there it goes I started experiencing the laaaaaaag, yes laaaaaaag (it?s not that the device is unusable, but like a noticeable lag when swiping through apps) and did I mention PHOBIA earlier. So by that time I looked at my L920 which I put aside and said this is my biggest mistake I did when buying a smartphone. I just did a factory reset to my s4 and returned it. End of PHOBIA. I hope google sorts out this issue in their next android release, though I won?t be getting any android device in the future.
What do you think guys?

Do what?

You own an L920, but went to buy a S4 to replace the S4 with the L920 you already own?

You try the S4 out in the store to test the lag, because we all know how laggy the L920 is?

You get home with the new S4 and begin installing apps on your L920?

So you put aside the L920 thinking it is the biggest mistake you've ever made?

But you returned the S4?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Do what? you have to figure this out

You own an L920, but went to buy a S4 to replace the S4 with the L920 you already own? my bad

You try the S4 out in the store to test the lag, because we all know how laggy the L920 is? how laaaggyyy the L920 is ;p

You get home with the new S4 and begin installing apps on your L920?
I should have made it clear, what I meant: begin installing apps and games installed on my L920

So you put aside the L920 thinking it is the biggest mistake you've ever made?
should be clear, based on prior events

But you returned the S4? now this '?' doesn't make sense

even though I was angry when posting this. thanks for pointing this out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel