JP Morgan on HTC...

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a real good laugh today when I read the suggestion to merge HTC with Huawei... as proposed by some JP Morgan analyst... Or is shrink, not sure.
You have to be a real Apple nerd and be really loaded with Apple stock to come up with such an idea. Such a merger would instantly remove HTC from US carriers as it would be Huawei which is not so popular with the US Gov. right now. The main beneficiary would be Apple who seems to have problems coming up with a Retina iPad mini and with a +4.5 inch iPhone with full HD. If you follow the HTC One, there a quite a few consumers that switch from the iPhone5 to the HTC One. I doubt Apple is happy about it as the HTC One seems to be viewed by many consumers as the Higher End device in metal, to own.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Or perhaps it could help Huawei get a better foothold? The other way around?

Ever been to Europe? How many drive a Lexus here? If HTC becomes Chinese, they will loose customers and get into trouble in the US. Rather merge Nokia and HTC.

Advantages are huge in a Nokia HTC merger. Better product placement, market segmentation, possible to sell Nokia networking equipment under the HTC brand in some markets. Nokia would develop all WP8 devices, HTC everything Android. You could market by market select HTC or Nokia as the high end device provider. Nokia factories could make all low to mid range devices, HTC factories would make all high end devices. Purchase components together, develop technology together, HTC Nokia or Nokia HTC would be quite a beast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss