02-13-2014 07:33 AM
68 123
tools
    Hmm, never met an unintelligent Canadian before this. I think you've been taking advantage of the fact that marijuana is legal there a bit too much.
    All weed is not legal in Canada.
    08-15-2013 10:49 AM
    Too bad this headline is totally false and misleading .we have seen similar scenarios in many companies. don't count Blackberry out. They have a a lot going for them including 2.9 billion in cash. The BB10 software is superior and they just need to start licencing to has- beens like Nokia and Htc to get back in the race. It would be nice if there weren't so much trash talk against them but hey we are Canadian and we are used to it. The British used us for Cannon fodder until they realized we were actually winning more battles than they were. the Canadians were much better in dday and especially dday plus 2 and 3 rescuing the United states bacon. But hey you will live to hear me say "I told You so"
    Geez. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that BOTH Nokia and HTC would be IDIOTS in adopting BB10.
    LastBattle likes this.
    08-15-2013 10:36 PM
    Geez. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that BOTH Nokia and HTC would be IDIOTS in adopting BB10.
    not rocket scientist. They are too smart :)

rather it should be, it doesn't take an idi*~ot to figure out that it will be stupid for HTC and Nokia to adopt BB10
    08-15-2013 11:09 PM
    All weed is not legal in Canada.
    Did you really look at your sentence structure? Me thinks you were enjoying some of the fine Colombian Gold as you were composing that gem. ;-)
    08-16-2013 10:05 AM
    I haven't bothered to read wmpoweruser in a year... It's all sensationalist click-bait garbage.
    rav16 likes this.
    08-16-2013 10:11 AM
    It's kind of funny and sad reading some of the threads on Crackberry. A lot of the fans there keep blaming everyone (carriers, financial analysts, other companies. etc) for some kind of anti-Blackberry conspiracy that is keeping the company down. Yet they refuse to ever blame the company for its bumbling ways. I mean why in the world would they bother to release something as weak as the 9720 when there are much better low end alternatives out there.

They also seem to enjoy taking potshots at WP and Nokia in order to make them feel better about their sinking ship.
    08-16-2013 03:43 PM
    I think a purchase by Microsoft and or Nokia would help grow market share but only because of the business aspect. I looked at the z10 when I was looking to upgrade and thought it would be great if I was working as an executive somewhere but other than that it didn't seem to have much appeal to me as a regular consumer.
    08-17-2013 03:01 AM
    So, aside from the whole international arena my question is this:

With Windows Phone 8 gaining momentum and RIM's BB10 clearly not fairing well, what's BlackBerry's appeal?

As a personal mobile platform BlackBerry was never terribly popular. Not saying non-existent, but clearly iOS and Android did away with most of the market before BlackBerry could so much as put on their pants. However, BlackBerry always seemed to have the edge in enterprise, which isn't a market to be scuffed at. Fair enough, their platform clearly catered to this and offered much better solutions than Android and iOS. However, even at this point many businesses started to switch to iOS for productivity reasons (ability to better integrate with iPads, for instance).

So... now that Windows offers businesses a desktop OS (W8), server OS (2K12), mobile OS (WRT) and phone OS (WP) making closs-platform management and integration a hell of a lot easier, why would businesses continue to invest in BlackBerry equipment? Particularly when considering that most business' infrastructure is more heavily invested in PCs and Windows than phones and BlackBerry.

I'm not a business analyst but from a purely objective perspective I don't see a light at the end of RIM's tunnel.
    08-17-2013 12:10 PM
    Microsoft needs to put some money (like the did with NOKIA) on and use BB hardware with WP and BBM. Enterprise market share will go to roof
    Only to the roof?
    08-17-2013 12:26 PM
    I agree. Especially their "push system". That worked really good on BB.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-17-2013 12:36 PM
    I don't see BlackBerry looking for a partner or buyer as them throwing in the towel and calling it quits. I see it as them trying to find an opportunity to bring the company and brand back into relevancy. At first I thought that Thorsten Heins and his new team would be a complete breath of fresh air. That appeared to be the case for a while but now it seems that the executive team and the board have absolutely no clue on how to run the company based on their actions. I think it is a smart move looking for a partner.
    08-17-2013 09:45 PM
    Did you really look at your sentence structure? Me thinks you were enjoying some of the fine Colombian Gold as you were composing that gem. ;-)
    Would you prefer "All types of weed are not legal in Canada?
    08-17-2013 09:54 PM
    Just busting your chops. You're not still mad over the Heat thing are you?
    08-17-2013 10:37 PM
    "Not all types of weed are legal in Canada" would probably be better sentence structure

But seriously, I just don't see how BlackBerry can become relevant at this point in the game. Their biggest appeal was to the business sector but with MS getting their game together with WP I see that as an uphill battle for them. In the commercial market BB will suffer the same issues that MS is experiencing with a new OS (adoption issues, lack of app support, etc.) but to an even greater extent since they're arriving to the party even later. I see BB10 as finally catching up to iOS and Android, but I feel like they would've had to do something revolutionary to really draw people in and nothing I've seen indicates that.
    08-18-2013 01:07 PM
    Microsoft needs to put some money (like the did with NOKIA) on and use BB hardware with WP and BBM. Enterprise market share will go to roof
    BB is losing a lot of their enterprise marketshare to iPhone. BB10 doesn't appeal to businesses nearly as well as older versions.

Too bad this headline is totally false and misleading .we have seen similar scenarios in many companies. don't count Blackberry out. They have a a lot going for them including 2.9 billion in cash. The BB10 software is superior and they just need to start licencing to has- beens like Nokia and Htc to get back in the race.
    $3 billion sounds nice, but it doesn't go very far in a big business. Perhaps if they spent more money on good apps and stuff they would have less money but be in a much better position.

It would be nice if there weren't so much trash talk against them but hey we are Canadian and we are used to it. The British used us for Cannon fodder until they realized we were actually winning more battles than they were. the Canadians were much better in dday and especially dday plus 2 and 3 rescuing the United states bacon. But hey you will live to hear me say "I told You so"
    I'm Canadian and I have no clue what you're talking about.

The one thing im hoping for, before BB is done , is to make a BBM version for WP... Not just for IOS and android. Wow just imagen having BBM here on your WP home screen...
    They've said they would look at other platforms after iOS and Android, I'm sure it will come. I can't guarantee that it'll work well on any platform but BB, but hey...
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-21-2013 01:07 PM
    Blackberry has a narrowed its list of potential bidders, aims for a November sale

BlackBerry has narrowed its list of potential bidders, aiming for a November sale | MobileSyrup.com

hopefully MS is one of them
    09-04-2013 06:35 PM
    Blackberry has a narrowed its list of potential bidders, aims for a November sale

BlackBerry has narrowed its list of potential bidders, aiming for a November sale | MobileSyrup.com

hopefully MS is one of them
    The article reminds me of a Stones lyric - "useless information, supposed to dry my imagination".
    09-05-2013 09:54 AM
    Hi
    I am new member of this forum. i read all posting it all are good topics.
    02-13-2014 07:33 AM
68 123