47k out of 120k

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
BB only cares about quantity, not quality. It's something they could brag about, but after the initial reaction people could see through it.

Is BlackBerry still counting an ebook as an app? I remember around the time that I left BlackBerry that almost all of the featured apps were ebooks.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, to be honest, we still suffer from this issue as well. Take a look at the top apps and games in the Windows Phone Store.

Of course, then again, the situation over at BlackBerry is even worse than the Symbian situation years ago-counting themes and S40 downloads in the app count.

Yes, you read that right. At least Symbian has an amazing dev community. If it wasn't for their handicaps, I'd say that they're the best in the world, especially when you consider how hard it is to code for Symbian. Natively, at least.

MasterOfBinary

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Is BlackBerry still counting an ebook as an app? I remember around the time that I left BlackBerry that almost all of the featured apps were ebooks.

Ebooks, offline GPS, traveler guides (i.e. pages copied from wikis), RSS feeds, website launcher icons, you name it.

There are even a few developers who stock a bunch of poems together and call it an app. Really sad.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using WPCentral Forums mobile app

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty sad 47,000 out of 120,000...

I wonder how much time that took to make all of those apps...

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, to be honest, we still suffer from this issue as well. Take a look at the top apps and games in the Windows Phone Store.

Of course, then again, the situation over at BlackBerry is even worse than the Symbian situation years ago-counting themes and S40 downloads in the app count.

Yes, you read that right. At least Symbian has an amazing dev community. If it wasn't for their handicaps, I'd say that they're the best in the world, especially when you consider how hard it is to code for Symbian. Natively, at least.

Windows phone store has a limit of 100 free app submissions per dev then the dev has to pay for any additional submissions. I don't think the problem is anywhere near as bad as what is going on in the BB store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss