I am a Lumia 920 Owner, but I just picked up a Galaxy Mega 6.3

ExBB

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. What a difference from Windows Phone.

My first Android. Lots of cool Apps, but what a mess of an OS to get used to.

I wanted to get the feel for a Phablet, as I really want the Nokia 1520 or whatever it is called. Since I am on Rogers, it may be 2015 before I see it.

I really hate that the Carriers still dictate what Manufacturers do. Hopefully one day the Manufacturers will see the light in selling only unlocked Phones.

Android...what was I thinking.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I first used Android on a Galaxy Tablet and later with an S3. I thought it was easy to learn, and it's my favorite mobile OS. I like the way it looks, the customizability, the available apps and integration with Google apps (like Voice, Tasks, Keep, Gmail, Calendar, Chrome).

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I first used Android on a Galaxy Tablet and later with an S3. I thought it was easy to learn, and it's my favorite mobile OS. I like the way it looks, the customizability, the available apps and integration with Google apps (like Voice, Tasks, Keep, Gmail, Calendar, Chrome).

I personally have nothing against Android. I have pretty much tried it all. N9/harmattan, Maemo 5/N900, iPhones, Android/Galaxy, multiple Symbian phones in 2005-2008, iPhone 3G and iPhone 4, multiple Lumias etc.

From Symbian I got pulled to the simple world of iPhones and got bored after a while. Bought N900 that was pretty much a mobile computer and kind of continued that with Android. After N900 and Android phones I have been supporter of closed, no nonsense simple phones like iPhone, N9 and for couple of years now WP/Lumias. That notion has maybe even grown more as tablet for the past 2 years has become my main mobile device to do browsing, other tasks that benefit from that larger screen. Phone just needs to be simple to use, have fast UI and certain features.

Windows Phone does what I want at the moment, though I have been eyeing iPhone recently. Actually been looking at Android phones because of the variety of hardware as well, but just don't see the core UI being what I want now. Shame because I do love the services being tied to the OS more than any other of the platforms.

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like to tinker with your phone and want simple functionality then buying an Android phone is a bad idea.
I like Android for the customization options and Google integration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea