unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I currently own a Nexus 4, and I think the Nexus 5 will be a great device, but not meant to compete with the big android phones, even if it is speced like one.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Since I use Android as my main device, I'll be all over this one! Combine the specs with Net10 now having LTE service on AT&T...

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not convinced of the recently rumored price points (too low, IMO) or that there will be variants w/different batteries. I think 16 GB & 32 GB options are a safe assumption. I plan to get it w/32 GB.

Based on leaked specs, it absolutely competes with current high-end Android devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

checkmate81x

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there something wrong with asking WP users what they think about an android phone? Personally I think it looks like a great phone and for the price, nothing comes close. With the 32 for $400 it comes with a (rumored) 3000 battery! WP is sort killing me right now... IPhone update looks pretty awesome! Android has some pretty cool customization itself. WP is feeling stale especially with lack of customization and many setbacks from 7 (no wireless sync, Zune was great at sync/download podcast)..and then there are the apps.... For 300 it sounds like a pretty good to jump and try out android. Have any of you tried or are trying android right now? What do you miss from windows phone?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nexus user here. Had them all from Nexus one. I'd be lying if I said it doesn't interest me and that I won't get it. Nexus units are the only ones I use if we're talking android. Currently on L925 paired with Nexus 4. I'd most likely be on the L1520 and Nexus 5 when they come out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Gopi Parthasarathy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Nexus feels good , because of its price point. If it was priced as in the same league as S3 and HTC one X , it would have flopped miserably. While on OS side its good without any glitches , apps wise it is a horror. A video call on skype makes the phone crash and battery life is worse than 920(only with 3g). Nexus 5 is not expected to be sold so cheap as LTE is to be included.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Nexus feels good , because of its price point. If it was priced as in the same league as S3 and HTC one X , it would have flopped miserably. While on OS side its good without any glitches , apps wise it is a horror. A video call on skype makes the phone crash and battery life is worse than 920(only with 3g). Nexus 5 is not expected to be sold so cheap as LTE is to be included.
But it wasn't priced higher, that was what made it an incredible buy. Google play apps horror? you are confused. Skype problems? there are many other app options. The nexus 4 had lte you just had to "find" it. Nexus 5 looks to be a great choice, the only phone i would consider other than a windows phone.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts?

from the googling...

4.95 in Full HD (1080x1920) IPS display
? 16/32 GB internal storage
? 2 GB RAM
? 2.3 GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor
? 8 Mp OIS rear camera, 1.3 Mp front camera
? 2300 mAh battery
? Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
? Slimport compatibility
? Micro SIM slot
? Notification light
? Wireless charging
? NFC
? Bluetooth 4.0
? 4G LTE support
? 133.9x68.7x9.1 mm
? 139.5 g
(source:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/3437472/google-nexus-5-release-date-price-photos-specs-video/ )
while i'm really not happy about the current trend of making huge phones huger - the processor and rumors of a Lytro-like camera are interesting. i'm betting they 1020 camera is influencing some hardware upgrades in flagship (and not so flagship) devices to up their camera specs. THIS is what I love about competition !

hopefully the 1020 and other similar phones will sell well enough to actually influence camera bumps in ios and android. if they do not, i see a lot of 10Mpxl cameras in the future, which is sad.

btw, 4" displays are about my limit, so no, i won't be buying a >4" monster in the future.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So we know for sure the 16GB will cost $349. And there's nothing to indicate that anything other than a 2300 mAh battery will be available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs