I saw this interesting article on USA Today. I know they're Apple shills but I'm wondering if this would be good for Microsoft.

For Samsung, all roads lead away from Android

I can't speak intelligently about the goings on in Seoul, but LG's purchase of webOS would make me believe that somewhere in a quaint little coffee shop in S. Korea, two CEOs may have had a little chat. The webOS acquisition was definitely a head scratcher, but with the ACL coming from Phoenix to the TouchPad it makes you wonder now. Could the rats be jumping off the good ship Lollipop?
    10-14-2013 06:26 PM
    I saw this interesting article on USA Today. I know they're Apple shills but I'm wondering if this would be good for Microsoft.

For Samsung, all roads lead away from Android

I can't speak intelligently about the goings on in Seoul, but LG's purchase of webOS would make me believe that somewhere in a quaint little coffee shop in S. Korea, two CEOs may have had a little chat. The webOS acquisition was definitely a head scratcher, but with the ACL coming from Phoenix to the TouchPad it makes you wonder now. Could the rats be jumping off the good ship Lollipop?
    Articles I saw said LG bought WebOS to use it in their TVs.
    10-14-2013 06:29 PM
    Articles I saw said LG bought WebOS to use it in their TVs.
    I read those too on webOS Nation. I also got a bridge for sale in New York, it's on Craig's List so you better hurry.

I can't see LG using webOS just for smart TVs. Just doesn't compute.
    10-14-2013 07:04 PM
    I read those too on webOS Nation. I also got a bridge for sale in New York, it's on Craig's List so you better hurry.

I can't see LG using webOS just for smart TVs. Just doesn't compute.
    I already have that bridge....WebOS still exists?

I didn't see the dollar amount but they couldn't have paid much. Also, they are probably looking to bring some of the same features to TVs, Blu-ray players etc. as Samsung.
    10-14-2013 07:07 PM
    I already have that bridge....WebOS still exists?

I didn't see the dollar amount but they couldn't have paid much. Also, they are probably looking to bring some of the same features to TVs, Blu-ray players etc. as Samsung.
    It's still on life support. In July the server certificates expired but HP actually renewed them otherwise every Palm/HP profile would have gone poof! BTW, terms were not disclosed, I'm sure it was to not embarrass HP for the total f**kup by Apotheker.
    10-14-2013 08:41 PM
    "....rumors of Apple TV...."

The Holy Grail of Apple. It's been, what, 3 or 4 years now? I'm sure it will happen at some point, or at least the HW/FW for AirPlay embedded into TV's since most have Wi-Fi now.

But, on topic, yeah - to borrow a phrase, I think we're pretty close to, if not at, "Peak Google." At least as the the article mentions, in a Western world perspective. Android's gonna get frankensteined in China to the point of being unrecognizable; and perhaps even then becoming "unsupported." Sammy may as well be the owner of that horse, rather than just the jockey.
    10-15-2013 12:07 PM