Google keeps getting worse...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So I was using my Nexus 7, and I downloaded a Live Wallpaper. When I selected my new wallpaper, I was greeted with a pop up ad and a link to a dating site was placed on my home screen. I immediately deleted both and went back to the Play Store to leave a bad review only to find out that you have to share your name and have to let it connect to your Google Plus account to do it....

Google allows too much adware in their store and then makes you share your name to leave a review...absolutely horrible. I swear Android used to be fun to use...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you had such a problem just for a wallpaper. That reminds me of those smileys and weatherbugs for PCs that contained adware/spyware and used to be popular.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I get Google only makes products to sell ads, but they are getting to the point where it is crossing the line. If I leave a bad review, I don't want some adware king pin crook seeing my name and attempting to harass me in any way possible. You know that will eventually happen to.

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit ambivalent to the heightened dependence on G+ profiles that Google is pushing. On the one hand, it does make sense from a professional point of view; tying it all together streamlines stuff like reviews and such across a lot of services like Play, YouTube, etc.

On the other hand, it is invasive.

*sigh* I guess GOOGLE likes to remind us that WE are the product...

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use an android device, which I do (LG G2) it's futile to fight google. I decided to say screw it and just play along and forget about any expectation of privacy. I don't use any questionable apps from the app store and don't do any banking at all on any device. If you keep google at a safe distance while allowing them to do what they do the experience isn't so bad. It actually seems fairly customized for you, including the ads you may see here and there.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
If you use an android device, which I do (LG G2) it's futile to fight google. I decided to say screw it and just play along and forget about any expectation of privacy. I don't use any questionable apps from the app store and don't do any banking at all on any device. If you keep google at a safe distance while allowing them to do what they do the experience isn't so bad. It actually seems fairly customized for you, including the ads you may see here and there.

Thats a shame. Sounds as if you didn't even want to but you just rolled over anyways. I wonder how many others have decided to just turn the other cheek with GOOG.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
You know you can opt out and remain hidden. You can also control who views your reviews and pluses.

Just saying.

It's creepy and professional as someone already stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers