On The Fence With Nexus 5

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm biased but IMO if you're looking for a high end phone, the Nexus is pretty much a no brainer as long as you're contract-free and on a GSM carrier. Best value for the dollar by far. It'd be nice to see MS do something like this now that they bought out Nokia.

Lumia 8x

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
May we should have meet before..
I don't for what I'm dissatisfied. WP has everything for a daily use, which a smart phone has...still i feel bugged.. May be Android addiction... But i must say,
Nokia + MS has awesome hardware but buggy os and apps...

Android has awesome os and apps..but cheap hardware...

meeting wp loyal members like you makes me feel good about my wp device...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India GDR3

Actually I consider myself as non loyal fan. Android phones got great hardwares too like sony xperia z and HTC one. I feel like if you've used high end WP, your experience will be better imo.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Kitkat is best. But i assure you all that windows phones are damn original.. Different and future of smart phones...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I would never buy android, but if I had to it would definitely be a nexus...

perfect.. Have you seen led lights of Samsung... Dam they are so cheap.. Even at price of 600$, hardware is itself cheap..
On other hand , nexus is beauty..@350$

Best part of Lumia is hardware.. There is a feel of something perfect.. I wish Nokia had connected to Android instead of WP.
Anyways, WP is not bad, but its different..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India GDR3

Vishwacorp

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one at launch actually. I love the Windows Phone interface, and Nokia's build quality is 2nd to none, but there were many times when I tried to do something beyond a basic task when WP left me disappointed. I'm not super enthused about it, but I'll be switching back to Android for the time being. I'll have to live with the worse camera and battery life than my Lumia 925, but at least it'll work for me as I want it to.

I wish Microsoft can make WP even more compelling than it is now with 8.1 and I'll look forward to returning with a new Nokia, or whatever they're going to be called then.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
True, i don't want super power from my phone but basic stuffs- ui needs to be friendlier, ease to use, grouping tiles, better apps, full powered api to apps, omg multitasking is just sh!t, notification and switches... These thing are badly missed...

Windows phone is literally giving me sleepless nights. I keep finding ways to make my windows phone life better... I paid huge amount for my CA classes and cant afford to buy a nexus 5, which I want.. For timebeing, one note WP is just awesome.. So for rest usage, I will adjust with windows phone, compromising needs.

Happy new year for all Indians here..

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
How many pics have YOU taken with a Nexus 5?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Reviews determine how i spend my money. The early word is the nexus camera sucks according to the link i provided. All modern flagship smartphones are very much the same in performance. Camera quality is one of the few things that can differ.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Reviews determine how i spend my money. The early word is the nexus camera sucks according to the link i provided. All modern flagship smartphones are very much the same in performance. Camera quality is one of the few things that can differ.

And thats probably why you miss out on all the hidden gems because you just go off of silly reviews that don't portray real life usage in the least. If I followed the silly reviewers I probably wouldn't have my killer At&t ASUS vivotab rt tablet that is more useful than any other tablet I have ever used, with dawn near all day battery life. You can let reviews guide your purchase decisions and i'll laugh and enjoy all these great devices that are labeled as crap and have these purchase killing deficiencies. LOLLLLLLLLLLL

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
And thats probably why you miss out on all the hidden gems because you just go off of silly reviews that don't portray real life usage in the least. If I followed the silly reviewers I probably wouldn't have my killer At&t ASUS vivotab rt tablet that is more useful than any other tablet I have ever used, with dawn near all day battery life. You can let reviews guide your purchase decisions and i'll laugh and enjoy all these great devices that are labeled as crap and have these purchase killing deficiencies. LOLLLLLLLLLLL
I read the reviews on that tablet, they also said it sucked. Hope this hasn't happened to you...http://forums.windowscentral.com/as...asus-vivotab-smart-screen-cracked-itself.html

Last edited:

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
S4 is so awesome for camera.. Thats place where n5 lag.

A better camera app on the N5 would help make up for some camera shortcomings. Focal is a candidate in this area. It's a decent camera, certainly capable of taking very nice pictures in certain situations, but not on par w/GS4 & other flagship Android devices. Maybe part of this is Google leaving something on the table so they don't ****-off any hardware partners.

Display and performance are areas where the N5 really shines. User experience is subjective. I've been on WP since day one w/the Focus, then my 920. Also had a 1st-get Windows 8 hybrid tablet. For me currently, Android provides the preferable user experience.

Also, my wife has a new 5s. I've spent months trying to work w/sol'ns to keep devices on all three platforms "talking" and "cloud-synced" while balancing ease-of-use. Calendar, shared docs, grocery list, DLNA sol'ns, XMPP, VPN, etc. If there's a barrier, it's usually WP that won't play nice, for various reasons. I didn't think I'd say this, but today I'd likely choose iOS over WP if limited to one. For all I dislike about that platform, it simply meets more of my mobile needs right now. I'm hopeful that won't be the case at some point in the future. I still have high hopes for WP.

OK, I digress.

As others have said, bang-for-the-buck, the N5 can't really be matched. Best Nexus phone yet.

Hopefully this was more useful input that merely saying "it sucks because others say so"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte