On The Fence With Nexus 5

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Finding myself in a decision. Top of the line specs 32 GB phone for $399 is insane! This is hands down the best priced specs phone out. Everything I said before when the price point came out for the 1520 and people bit my head off. This is what a small gripe I have with WP and lack of OEM phone options. I'm gonna wait and be patient and see what happens when 8.1 lands (hopefully). I love both OS and I'm really liking what Android is doing with integration. I really hope 8.1 brings WP up to speed otherwise I might be back using Android. But $399 is damn hard to want to pass up.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow, i will ask my brother for this Christmas gift... I just came to wp8 but very dissatisfied...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India

Last edited:

John Doe40

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Waiting out is a good thing, not because of "8.1" nonsense but because there will be few inevitable bugs with this new device which will take some time to patch up.
Other than this - definitely go for it. OIS is useful feature to have, so is wireless charging, the price is pretty sane (compared to insane prices of contract-free IPhone 5c), the 4.4 KitKat should perform even better than Jelly Bean (although I have no issues whatsoever even with my Nexus 4 and its perfectly smooth and lag-free 4.3 version) and since it is an Android device - you can make its GUI look like anything else, be it either WP8, iOS6 or the new (awfully-looking) iOS7 ;) Or any other unique combination of hundreds of other themes, icon packs, widgets and wallpapers. Only thing disappointing about it is the lack of IR transmitter but hey, no phone is perfect ;)

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I ordered one but then cancel cause I wanna wait for the first bug batches to go out get some feedback and wait till holiday season to see. I'll admit the live tiles I have extremely fell in love with, but there's just so much I'm missing from features with Android

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Finding myself in a decision. Top of the line specs 32 GB phone for $399 is insane! This is hands down the best priced specs phone out. Everything I said before when the price point came out for the 1520 and people bit my head off. This is what a small gripe I have with WP and lack of OEM phone options. I'm gonna wait and be patient and see what happens when 8.1 lands (hopefully). I love both OS and I'm really liking what Android is doing with integration. I really hope 8.1 brings WP up to speed otherwise I might be back using Android. But $399 is damn hard to want to pass up.

There is arguably no better value available for an unlocked phone on any platform. However, I suspect that since you posted this in WPCentral you're a WP fan. There are plenty of forum users here & on iMore that would probably say they wouldn't use it if it was free! If you like Android you will more than likely be very pleased. I ordered one; I hope I'm pleased!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are plenty of forum users here & on iMore that would probably say they wouldn't use it if it was free!

I'm one of them. But that's not against the Nexus 5 as a device, I just... really dislike Android. iOS is great, WP is - of course - my favorite, but I'd much rather not use Android.

That said, if it works for you, use it. I switch back and forth between my iPhone 4S and Lumia 920 so much that my AT&T rep is beginning to hate me. :D

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of them. But that's not against the Nexus 5 as a device, I just... really dislike Android. iOS is great, WP is - of course - my favorite, but I'd much rather not use Android.

That said, if it works for you, use it. I switch back and forth between my iPhone 4S and Lumia 920 so much that my AT&T rep is beginning to hate me. :D

I think iOS, android, and windows phone have their perks and cons. Of course, I like windows best. For android, it needs to be pure android, and not something put on top, like touchwiz. iOS 7 has improved greatly, and I like it better than iOS 6, but it still has many issues on my iPad 3.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Sir, what's wrong with n5... please elaborate. I will be happy to know.. =)

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Sir, what's wrong with n5... please elaborate. I will be happy to know.. =)

He just said, the problem with the N5 is Android and frankly as a N4 user I have to agree. The UI is stagnant.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should've never bought 625

May we should have meet before..
I don't for what I'm dissatisfied. WP has everything for a daily use, which a smart phone has...still i feel bugged.. May be Android addiction... But i must say,
Nokia + MS has awesome hardware but buggy os and apps...

Android has awesome os and apps..but cheap hardware...

meeting wp loyal members like you makes me feel good about my wp device...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India GDR3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte