Pulled the trigger and got a HTC One M8

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So I decided to take a break from WP at the moment a and go back to Android. After several apps that came out and of course no support for WP I'm gonna see if I really want to use Android again. After downloading apps I forgot how so many apps I used to use never was there for WP. How many apps were richer in content. It's pathetic these devs don't support WP and upsets me to see such the difference. WP design is simply just better. But we need apps on this OS. Plus the M8 is designed gorgeous. Got the grey metal with the dot case. It's been two years ago everything feels foreign. But it felt great chatting with my hangout friends again. Iono it's a hard decision if I'm gonna keep this phone. Android UI just doesn't impress me like it used to but the apps. Sigh.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Function over form, in my opinion.

If it works for you, I say keep it. I'd normally tell you to come back if you encounter any sort of problem, but the One M8 is just a beautiful phone...

Speaking of which, I'd love to have it run WP some time. *stares at HTC*

By the way, we can always pester those devs, and if we can't convince them, we have the great Rudy Huyn and all the other devs on the platform ;)

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Just don't understand the app junkies. If you need an app to help you live throughout the day, go and love your Android.

For me, the decision is somewhat easy. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Lol its not about "go and love" my android. The fact that better support exist. If you actually took the time to read and not pick and choose you would see I much prefer WP. But try using Redbox, or MyFitnessPal, or the numerous other apps that either suck or crash because of poor support. It makes WP look like trash when it's the better OS IMO. But hell lets be real just using PayPal was night and day and I use PayPal quite often. I forgot the ease of just even using Isis because it was never developed for Window. To each their own. So I guess I'll go and love it :-\ . App junkie lol

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Function over form, in my opinion.

If it works for you, I say keep it. I'd normally tell you to come back if you encounter any sort of problem, but the One M8 is just a beautiful phone...

Speaking of which, I'd love to have it run WP some time. *stares at HTC*

Yeah I'm not convince I'm gonna keep it, I just forgot how many apps are just missing are lacking severely.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly why I went with a Nexus 7 (2013) for my new tablet, over a Windows Tablet. :/. Great price though, as well. Now I just miss Flash. Lol

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly why I went with a Nexus 7 (2013) for my new tablet, over a Windows Tablet. :/. Great price though, as well.

Oh no. I would never use an Android tablet over RT. RT hands down is better than anything Android could offer.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The amount of apps missing on a phone is one thing, for the most part, the basic features are the same. However, Windows RT without apps can do more than an Android tablet because of it running on Windows. Why do I say that? Easy. RT tablets can use all of the drivers Microsoft has accumulated over the years. From printers to game controllers, RT tablets can use it all.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
RT doesn't really help in the App department though. That was my whole issue.

I'll never understand choosing a platform because of the apps it offers. lol Yes, if you are one of those that need an app to tell you when to change you underpants, Windows Phone / RT isn't for you.

Just how did our parents make it without an app telling them its time to put us to bed?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll never understand choosing a platform because of the apps it offers. lol Yes, if you are one of those that need an app to tell you when to change you underpants, Windows Phone / RT isn't for you.

Just how did our parents make it without an app telling them its time to put us to bed?

It's amazing people act like this. Sad really...

Are you even aware you clicked on to the Android section?

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Ok I'll bite. Capital one bank is non existent. So mobile deposit don't exist. Red box? That app sucks so bad I put in my zipcode and other in my city and it locates to Israel. Called and complain ever since it came out. And when I am able to use it it crashes when checking out. No RunKeeper to log my running and no I won't use Edmondo because I have to much invested. MyFitnessPal taking forever. I mean I can go on with apps that's actually useful. You know cause that's why we own smart phones. I mean this comment coming from someone using tapatalk... An app.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Just don't understand the app junkies. If you need an app to help you live throughout the day, go and love your Android.

For me, the decision is somewhat easy. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

It's not always about wanting the latest apps... The feature gap in the apps we do have can be a real downer. I'll give you an example: My carrier has mobile TV service that happens to be included in my current service package. They are also a television service provider. The service doesn't use my monthly data allotment.The Android version of the app features full HD viewing capability and a full compliment of their channels to view live and on demand content. The WP version of the same app hasn't received an update since before the Mango update. So I'm stuck watching about half the content in VGA quality.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok seriously there is no need to be that condescending... Let's keep the gloves on, ok?

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Both Red box and Capital one bank have web pages that work. Pin the pages to start and bam instant app!
You say you haven't been on Android for 2 years but wont use Edmondo because "I have to much invested" WTH?

I left WP about 2 years ago because they screwed up with their Xbox Video purchases and that was unacceptable. They have recently fixed that and I'm on the fence again. I still have my Lumia 920 and check what's going on from time to time.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Both Red box and Capital one bank have web pages that work. Pin the pages to start and bam instant app!
You say you haven't been on Android for 2 years but wont use Edmondo because "I have to much invested" WTH?

I left WP about 2 years ago because they screwed up with their Xbox Video purchases and that was unacceptable. They have recently fixed that and I'm on the fence again. I still have my Lumia 920 and check what's going on from time to time.

I still use my old HTC One X for RunKeeper alone. Mobile Capital One does not allow mobile deposit and it does not work like need to cause the scroll does not function properly cause the way the site is written doesn't function properly for WP. And there is no mobile site for RedBox. In fact the Android app makes the WP look like complete crap. Like I say I can go on about so many numerous WP apps that makes WP look bad. That makes me upset.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss