Pulled the trigger and got a HTC One M8

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
lmao if any was meant to be directed at me

1. it's not vocal diarrhea
2. It was not meant to be rude(Oversensitive people lol)...

I was saying he can keep that in the sense(no pun intended), I don't want the tiles to become like this on windows phone because it looks so busy and cluttered to me. So you can keep that really wasn't mean to be rude, so much as me saying "Yeah, I'll pass on that." I am aware this is the Android section of WPC(though it seems silly to have specific OS forums instead of just focusing on the specific sister site, but ehhh) but do be aware that not every person is going to be falling all over Android and I gave my opinion :) It wasn't directed at anyone.

Relax people...Not every comment people make is meant to be taken as a personal attack or "Vocal Diarrhea" lmao. In regards to Windows Phones limitations(LOL what you see as limiting, I don't), in a way Microsoft is sort of half-way there. With the Tile backgrounds we have now with 8.1, if Microsoft unfortunately continues dumbing the OS down even more to replicate Android features, I can see more flexibility coming the way he stated it. It wouldn't surprise me if it did come in a later update simply because MS is already having to dumb down WP to appeal to masses unfortunately as is.

That being Said, Sense has always been my favorite User interface on Android, ever since my Droid Eris/HTC hero on Android 1.5 back in 2009 and I do like the evolution it has undergone over the last 6 years. Stock Android is dreadfully unattractive, Samsung's Touchwiz is cartoonish and garish and the others I don't really know much about.

Should I ever decide to go back and jump back into that cesspool os, HTC phone is likely where i'd go. Then again with their Cameras and 4 megapixels, I may have to go Sony.
Considering WP LIMITATIONS I just might...

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Lol Jesus people after so rude to other users.

Loosely translated, there's a saying we Cubans love to quote to those who have nothing to offer except vocal diarrhea. It goes something like "for different tastes, God created colors".

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What you say makes no sense. How does this look any more cluttered than live tiles? The launcher I'm using is based on WP. It's set up like in a four tile grid and not six I don't understand. The limitations to the live tiles only have 3 size. I can customize a tile to have any size. Calendar set to 3x3 and Facebook set to 4x3. Did you even look at the other screenshots?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What you say makes no sense. How does this look any more cluttered than live tiles? The launcher I'm using is based on WP. It's set up like in a four tile grid and not six I don't understand. The limitations to the live tiles only have 3 size. I can customize a tile to have any size. Calendar set to 3x3 and Facebook set to 4x3. Did you even look at the other screenshots?

*sighs*

Oh that's a launcher? I thought that was sense. I was about to say HTC truly did rip off MEtro design after all. Well it explains why I actually like the OVERALL look to it since it is basically a dumb down metro look.

It doesn't look bad, it just looks cluttered and too busy.
All the widgets and stuff(Gmail, News, Cnn, FB, Photos) just make the screens look busy in my opinion.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Again, how is that any different than Live Tiles? Cause live tiles are Waaaaay more busier than that. In fact it's one of the biggest complaints aside limitation.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Again, how is that any different than Live Tiles? Cause live tiles are Waaaaay more busier than that. In fact it's one of the biggest complaints aside limitation.
I mean, I'm jumping ship to a G3 - but I'm lost as hello to hoe you think Live Tiles are busy. My biggest complaint from me and my fiance after she hopped to Android is that Android is WAY to busy. She misses the simple look of Windows Phone.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I mean, I'm jumping ship to a G3 - but I'm lost as hello to hoe you think Live Tiles are busy. My biggest complaint from me and my fiance after she hopped to Android is that Android is WAY to busy. She misses the simple look of Windows Phone.

How is Android way busy? It can be as boring as you want or as busy as you want. Hell I know people who leave all their apps on the home screen in iOS like formation.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Let me rephrase my initial comment. It is busier. Way more busier. Depending on how you set it up it can easily look just as cluttered. More tiles offer more information since they built into the app. All the random flipping pic etc. There's way more things going on with tiles than widget. I get people tell me ask the time my 1520 looks like too much things are going on. I take that over unorganized scattered widgets any day. But I can tolerate it in this launcher cause they are better organized and resized to fit in tiles.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I never said it was busy. I said it was one if the biggest complaints people have if it. I have people tell me all the time it looks cluttered and too much stuff going on with my 1520. It's no different than the opinion like Micah said.

Many people told me my home screen looks to busy as all the time something is moving or flipping. I've gotten quite annoyed by the flipping myself. I'd love to turn it off for every app. It never shows the information you want to see as it just flips randomly. Also, the flipping animation itself is pretty bad.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Many people told me my home screen looks to busy as all the time something is moving or flipping. I've gotten quite annoyed by the flipping myself. I'd love to turn it off for every app. It never shows the information you want to see as it just flips randomly. Also, the flipping animation itself is pretty bad.

I could see maybe your circle that might not know this phone and its live tiles but let me ask you, did you buy this phone not knowing the tiles were "live"?

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
How is Android way busy? It can be as boring as you want or as busy as you want. Hell I know people who leave all their apps on the home screen in iOS like formation.

Truth. App drawer sucks though. And widgets can be all over the place but I agree with you. It's the great thing about Android

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I could see maybe your circle that might not know this phone and its live tiles but let me ask you, did you buy this phone not knowing the tiles were "live"?

I appreciate this condescending tone in your post. Very nice. Shows your unwavering competence in everything. How could I even response to that without making a fool of myself?

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

That's what makes the tiles great and unique IMO

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
That's what makes the tiles great and unique IMO

I like my messaging tile showing a preview of the message I've received. I like my picture tile showing different pictures all the time. I even like the movement on my girlfriends tile to some extent. Or my count-down tile that shows me how many days are left every day.

What I don't like is the flipping, I don't take to wait for the tile to flip and show me the information I want, most of all because due to its randomness it takes a very long time sometimes.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The whole point I'm making in this all is that there are aspect in Android I wish WP had and there's aspect that WP had that I wished Android have. Since I can have the best of both in one, I appreciate both OS. There's never gonna be just one good thing. The apps are better on Android and WP OS is better simplified than Android IMO. When the apps improve for WP I will be back. Or I may just stick on Android for phone and RT for Tablet. I have that option. I'm never gonna tie myself down to one OS. Some people leave and hate it. That's fine. I even said I wouldn't go back to Android, but after seeing 4.4.2, my opinions have modified. I can customize my screen to be simplified on Android. I miss a lot of information from tiles that I get from WP. Right now though my mind is on Android cause I have the apps I want cause not always do the sites play nice on WP or IE11. It is what it is. So for now I may stick with Android. WP is simply just not ready and I been waiting two years. But it's there on the OS side. Now. When it's better mainstream and continue to pick up like it's doing now, it will cause problems for Google.

Be happy, stop bickering. It's Friday. Schools out. And there's no traffic. Life if bliss.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
lmao if any was meant to be directed at me

1. it's not vocal diarrhea
2. It was not meant to be rude(Oversensitive people lol)...

I was saying he can keep that in the sense(no pun intended), I don't want the tiles to become like this on windows phone because it looks so busy and cluttered to me. So you can keep that really wasn't mean to be rude, so much as me saying "Yeah, I'll pass on that." I am aware this is the Android section of WPC(though it seems silly to have specific OS forums instead of just focusing on the specific sister site, but ehhh) but do be aware that not every person is going to be falling all over Android and I gave my opinion :) It wasn't directed at anyone.

Relax people...Not every comment people make is meant to be taken as a personal attack or "Vocal Diarrhea" lmao. In regards to Windows Phones limitations(LOL what you see as limiting, I don't), in a way Microsoft is sort of half-way there. With the Tile backgrounds we have now with 8.1, if Microsoft unfortunately continues dumbing the OS down even more to replicate Android features, I can see more flexibility coming the way he stated it. It wouldn't surprise me if it did come in a later update simply because MS is already having to dumb down WP to appeal to masses unfortunately as is.

That being Said, Sense has always been my favorite User interface on Android, ever since my Droid Eris/HTC hero on Android 1.5 back in 2009 and I do like the evolution it has undergone over the last 6 years. Stock Android is dreadfully unattractive, Samsung's Touchwiz is cartoonish and garish and the others I don't really know much about.

Should I ever decide to go back and jump back into that cesspool os, HTC phone is likely where i'd go. Then again with their Cameras and 4 megapixels, I may have to go Sony.

It certainly wasn't meant for you, I was generalizing. When opinions are stated as fact without any form of backup, it's vocal diarrhea. Example - WP is lacking apps as compared to iOS & Android, fact. Live tiles are dull and boring, opinion.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm thinking of getting a HTC One M8 as well, but I'm not leaving WP. Question, since you are a WP user, how is the Android and Sense 6 experience compared to WP?
Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
While might look like an impressive device. It's body is very weak. And had alot of software problems. My roommate has one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire