Pulled the trigger and got a HTC One M8

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
How is Sense 6+Android vs WP?

Both run good. Sense runs very smooth as is not bogged down with alot of hoops like the S5, which is still good. Lag has been no different that WP. I just picked up a G3 to play with and the is lag that needed ironing out with a software update. The battery had been stellar considering it's running more background services than WP. HTC got this one right IMO. Really clean and minimal UI

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Both run good. Sense runs very smooth as is not bogged down with alot of hoops like the S5, which is still good. Lag has been no different that WP. I just picked up a G3 to play with and the is lag that needed ironing out with a software update. The battery had been stellar considering it's running more background services than WP. HTC got this one right IMO. Really clean and minimal UI

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Thanks! Can you also check your messages, I sent you a pm for more questions.

I'm really interested in getting one.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Sort of in the same boat as OP. Needed a dual-sim phone that was decent quality, good specs, not overly huge. Considered the Nokia 630, but bought the Moto G yesterday so we'll see how it goes. I'm also really tired of MS not getting any love for apps..I'm NOT an app junkie. Obviously I can't be if I've been using a Windows Phone for almost 2 years. But there are some..For example.. App for Sirius XM (I live in Hawaii so no Satellite coverage), App for my Viper Alarm System, App for my new Sony Camera...Useful apps that I'd like. I love MS services though and looks like I'll have full access to all of that so I should be happy. My Lumia 800 became irrelevant pretty quick.. See if the Moto G will make me forget my Lumia 920 (I'll miss the camera...maybe)

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Sort of in the same boat as OP. Needed a dual-sim phone that was decent quality, good specs, not overly huge. Considered the Nokia 630, but bought the Moto G yesterday so we'll see how it goes. I'm also really tired of MS not getting any love for apps..I'm NOT an app junkie. Obviously I can't be if I've been using a Windows Phone for almost 2 years. But there are some..For example.. App for Sirius XM (I live in Hawaii so no Satellite coverage), App for my Viper Alarm System, App for my new Sony Camera...Useful apps that I'd like. I love MS services though and looks like I'll have full access to all of that so I should be happy. My Lumia 800 became irrelevant pretty quick.. See if the Moto G will make me forget my Lumia 920 (I'll miss the camera...maybe)
You're going to love the Moto G, congrats on the new phone man!

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Man you are not kidding. Got the phone today. Downloaded latest android update, launcher 8 pro (give those guys support), all my Microsoft services apps and a few of my other apps like Skype and giving the wpcentral app a whirl. All working. Contacts all synced up fine. Launcher 8 is what it should be on a windows phone. Very cool. Really happy! Possible phone universe has opened wayyy up.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So I decided to take a break from WP at the moment a and go back to Android. After several apps that came out and of course no support for WP I'm gonna see if I really want to use Android again. After downloading apps I forgot how so many apps I used to use never was there for WP. How many apps were richer in content. It's pathetic these devs don't support WP and upsets me to see such the difference. WP design is simply just better. But we need apps on this OS. Plus the M8 is designed gorgeous. Got the grey metal with the dot case. It's been two years ago everything feels foreign. But it felt great chatting with my hangout friends again. Iono it's a hard decision if I'm gonna keep this phone. Android UI just doesn't impress me like it used to but the apps. Sigh.

Thee's an app on WP called IM+ which lets you chat with your hangout friends. And now that htc are planning the m8 for windows phone. Are you going to switch?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
See if the Moto G will make me forget my Lumia 920 (I'll miss the camera...maybe)

If picture quality is important to you, you probably will miss the 920's camera. Overall though the Moto G is great value; good quality considering the price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99