08-07-2014 07:22 AM
128 123 ...
tools
    So I decided to take a break from WP at the moment a and go back to Android. After several apps that came out and of course no support for WP I'm gonna see if I really want to use Android again. After downloading apps I forgot how so many apps I used to use never was there for WP. How many apps were richer in content. It's pathetic these devs don't support WP and upsets me to see such the difference. WP design is simply just better. But we need apps on this OS. Plus the M8 is designed gorgeous. Got the grey metal with the dot case. It's been two years ago everything feels foreign. But it felt great chatting with my hangout friends again. Iono it's a hard decision if I'm gonna keep this phone. Android UI just doesn't impress me like it used to but the apps. Sigh.
    06-01-2014 06:27 PM
    Function over form, in my opinion.

If it works for you, I say keep it. I'd normally tell you to come back if you encounter any sort of problem, but the One M8 is just a beautiful phone...

Speaking of which, I'd love to have it run WP some time. *stares at HTC*

By the way, we can always pester those devs, and if we can't convince them, we have the great Rudy Huyn and all the other devs on the platform ;)
    bionicgt likes this.
    06-01-2014 06:36 PM
    Just don't understand the app junkies. If you need an app to help you live throughout the day, go and love your Android.

For me, the decision is somewhat easy. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    06-01-2014 06:37 PM
    Lol its not about "go and love" my android. The fact that better support exist. If you actually took the time to read and not pick and choose you would see I much prefer WP. But try using Redbox, or MyFitnessPal, or the numerous other apps that either suck or crash because of poor support. It makes WP look like trash when it's the better OS IMO. But hell lets be real just using PayPal was night and day and I use PayPal quite often. I forgot the ease of just even using Isis because it was never developed for Window. To each their own. So I guess I'll go and love it :-\ . App junkie lol
    A895, mary beth hale and bionicgt like this.
    06-01-2014 06:54 PM
    Function over form, in my opinion.

If it works for you, I say keep it. I'd normally tell you to come back if you encounter any sort of problem, but the One M8 is just a beautiful phone...

Speaking of which, I'd love to have it run WP some time. *stares at HTC*
    Yeah I'm not convince I'm gonna keep it, I just forgot how many apps are just missing are lacking severely.
    WanderingTraveler and A895 like this.
    06-01-2014 06:56 PM
    That's exactly why I went with a Nexus 7 (2013) for my new tablet, over a Windows Tablet. :/. Great price though, as well. Now I just miss Flash. Lol
    bionicgt likes this.
    06-01-2014 07:00 PM
    That's exactly why I went with a Nexus 7 (2013) for my new tablet, over a Windows Tablet. :/. Great price though, as well.
    Oh no. I would never use an Android tablet over RT. RT hands down is better than anything Android could offer.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    06-01-2014 07:02 PM
    Oh no. I would never use an Android tablet over RT. RT hands down is better than anything Android could offer.
    RT doesn't really help in the App department though. That was my whole issue.
    A895 and Beijendorf like this.
    06-01-2014 07:04 PM
    The amount of apps missing on a phone is one thing, for the most part, the basic features are the same. However, Windows RT without apps can do more than an Android tablet because of it running on Windows. Why do I say that? Easy. RT tablets can use all of the drivers Microsoft has accumulated over the years. From printers to game controllers, RT tablets can use it all.
    aitt likes this.
    06-01-2014 07:11 PM
    RT doesn't really help in the App department though. That was my whole issue.

I'll never understand choosing a platform because of the apps it offers. lol Yes, if you are one of those that need an app to tell you when to change you underpants, Windows Phone / RT isn't for you.

Just how did our parents make it without an app telling them its time to put us to bed?

06-01-2014 07:23 PM
    I'll never understand choosing a platform because of the apps it offers. lol Yes, if you are one of those that need an app to tell you when to change you underpants, Windows Phone / RT isn't for you.

Just how did our parents make it without an app telling them its time to put us to bed?

It's amazing people act like this. Sad really...

Are you even aware you clicked on to the Android section?
    Chregu, A895, bionicgt and 2 others like this.
    06-01-2014 07:26 PM
    It's amazing people act like this. Sad really...

Are you even aware you clicked on to the Android section?

Very aware. I was responding to a post about an RT. I hate you are so sad, really.
    06-01-2014 07:40 PM

Ok I'll bite. Capital one bank is non existent. So mobile deposit don't exist. Red box? That app sucks so bad I put in my zipcode and other in my city and it locates to Israel. Called and complain ever since it came out. And when I am able to use it it crashes when checking out. No RunKeeper to log my running and no I won't use Edmondo because I have to much invested. MyFitnessPal taking forever. I mean I can go on with apps that's actually useful. You know cause that's why we own smart phones. I mean this comment coming from someone using tapatalk... An app.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    06-01-2014 07:41 PM
    Very aware. I was responding to a post about an RT. I hate you are so sad, really.
    I have 3 mobile platforms at my disposal. I'm actually quite happy. ;)
    aitt, tgp, Chregu and 2 others like this.
    06-01-2014 07:48 PM
    Just don't understand the app junkies. If you need an app to help you live throughout the day, go and love your Android.

For me, the decision is somewhat easy. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

It's not always about wanting the latest apps... The feature gap in the apps we do have can be a real downer. I'll give you an example: My carrier has mobile TV service that happens to be included in my current service package. They are also a television service provider. The service doesn't use my monthly data allotment.The Android version of the app features full HD viewing capability and a full compliment of their channels to view live and on demand content. The WP version of the same app hasn't received an update since before the Mango update. So I'm stuck watching about half the content in VGA quality.
    A895, phatboy66 and bionicgt like this.
    06-01-2014 08:13 PM

Ok seriously there is no need to be that condescending... Let's keep the gloves on, ok?
    Chregu, A895 and mary beth hale like this.
    06-01-2014 08:16 PM
    Both Red box and Capital one bank have web pages that work. Pin the pages to start and bam instant app!
    You say you haven't been on Android for 2 years but wont use Edmondo because "I have to much invested" WTH?

I left WP about 2 years ago because they screwed up with their Xbox Video purchases and that was unacceptable. They have recently fixed that and I'm on the fence again. I still have my Lumia 920 and check what's going on from time to time.
    06-01-2014 08:17 PM
    try the rom "Paranoid Android" its beautiful and snappy.
    06-01-2014 08:19 PM
    Both Red box and Capital one bank have web pages that work. Pin the pages to start and bam instant app!
    You say you haven't been on Android for 2 years but wont use Edmondo because "I have to much invested" WTH?

I left WP about 2 years ago because they screwed up with their Xbox Video purchases and that was unacceptable. They have recently fixed that and I'm on the fence again. I still have my Lumia 920 and check what's going on from time to time.
    I still use my old HTC One X for RunKeeper alone. Mobile Capital One does not allow mobile deposit and it does not work like need to cause the scroll does not function properly cause the way the site is written doesn't function properly for WP. And there is no mobile site for RedBox. In fact the Android app makes the WP look like complete crap. Like I say I can go on about so many numerous WP apps that makes WP look bad. That makes me upset.

06-01-2014 09:25 PM
    try the rom "Paranoid Android" its beautiful and snappy.
    I don't care for rooting. Got tired of doing that. This M8 seems fine as is.

06-01-2014 09:27 PM
    After downloading apps I forgot how so many apps I used to use never was there for WP. How many apps were richer in content. It's pathetic these devs don't support WP and upsets me to see such the difference. WP design is simply just better. But we need apps on this OS. .
    If you forgot about them, how important were they in reality? We all use some apps, but I think there's an over-emphasis to how important they are.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    06-02-2014 12:50 AM
    Well it's not the importance, let me try and explain.

My Fiance used a Windows Phone (Lumia 810 - then eventually an 8X) until last week. While she was at the mall she asked the Tmobile rep if she can remove JUMP because frankly Tmobile doesn't look like they're getting any Flagship Windows Phone anytime soon. He went on to explain that with JUMP she can try other operating systems at basically no risk. She shrugged it off and said she really liked Windows Phones and yadayada.

Last week while our sister was upgrading (8X to a GS4) she decided to take the leap. At first she was worried as we invested ALOT of money into the market within Windows, but after 45 minutes with the phone she said she would do it again. The Phone works (aside from Minor Hiccups) AND has extra features to boot. She's of course using all the gimmicks (which aren't really gimmicks - not ground breaking, but useful) and loves the overall experience. She misses the clean look, live tiles, Cortana and a few other built in features, but the quality of everything is well done!

She's replaced her default SMS App to WhatsApp (Something you couldn't do on out phone) and Music to Xbox Music. She's enjoying a WORKING DirecTV App (we emailed them about our old WP app 7-8 times), the Snap Chat video feature to talk to her work friends, our Bank app (she just deposited a check via pictures - honestly wish we had that, hell wish our bank HAD an app on windows phone), and a lot more. She always is a big Candy Crush fiend on her Kindle Fire, now she can play anywhere so she loves that.

I find myself using the MOGA Controller to play more games on her phone, INCLUDING Minecraft Pocket Edition (which we wont get!) and I'm also using the Watch_Dogs companion app (we also lack). She also has our local news station (they don't have a WP app) & we can check our Employee Database Pages & work schedule with an App via our Hospital - which isn't going to be available as told by my administration. I can also check MY OWN statistics online for song plays, downloads via her phone, which again lacks an app for my Phone. It's honestly amazing. She's having such Joy BECAUSE of new apps. You really look at your phone differently when there's an app for everything.

If you're not an App person, fine but PLEASE leave us App Junkies alone. I'm thinking seriously of getting an HTC One M8 - especially after seeing her joy with the new device. Honestly, I never really took a good hard minute to think about how much more Android Users and iUsers get to enjoy a cell phone because of a few really useful apps. Oh Windows Phone Gods PLEASE HELP ME, I don't wanna make the switch, but it honestly looks greener on the otherside (especially if you're a Tmobile user). No good looking Hardware coming so really there's no hope, the switch is inevitable.
    Ivin Laney, A895, aitt and 3 others like this.
    06-02-2014 03:22 AM
    I also understand people leaving the platform for apps. I might be one of them too soon.

It never bothered me as much, until I got an iPad. Even the Microsoft apps are better on this thing, Onedrive, Office, they are amazing. Also, the quality difference is enormous for all the other apps, and they are updated very regularly.

For now my 8X is fine, after they finally, finally updated Spotify (which took forever, and it still hasn't caught up to the iOS apps) and Whatsapp (which still has some inconveniences) I can keep it without a problem until autumn when the HTC W8 and the iPhone 6 will be announced. But then everything is open, iOS is a tempting, tempting alternative.
    06-02-2014 03:30 AM
    Yea there is no doubt there are more apps and the quality is better in the other two ...android and apple world. I think there might be some hope in the near future now that Microsoft has opened the gates(no charger for the OS) for other companies to make windows phones. If there is an app you must have then maybe you have to leave , but you got to admit the OS on windows phone is the sweetest out of the three.
    06-02-2014 05:57 AM
    If you forgot about them, how important were they in reality? We all use some apps, but I think there's an over-emphasis to how important they are.
    Oh they were important. The fact that I waited for so long and gave up on them. And even then the dev for the ones we do have have just been crapped on. I mean we can sit here all day long and talk about this. Fact is people on here complain day long about apps and features. Some are willing to put up with. Some don't. I don't restrict myself to OS just because if that. I'll still keep my WP and will wait for progress to move forward. Until then I'll use android as my daily driver.

A895 likes this.
    06-02-2014 06:15 AM
128 123 ...