06-21-2014 04:28 PM
41 12
tools
    MSFT trails as of yet on Mobile. My wishes hopefully in the future. You and fam will be sold to MSFT.

I need to find a MSFT forums. That only feeds me MSFT news.

Fair enough. Enjoy...
    Riddle me this, why did you go looking for Microsoft-only news and information on a section labeled "Other OS's and Devices" with the thread labeled "Just bought my wife the Galaxy S5"? Salvation lies within.
    tgp, mary beth hale, aitt and 2 others like this.
    06-09-2014 08:26 AM
    What colour S5 did she get? I like the gold one.

Here's a picture of an S5 at an AT&T store. I installed the WPCentral app from Google Play.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Girl, that was just wrong. Love it!!
    aitt and Guytronic like this.
    06-09-2014 08:30 AM
    If she likes it, cool. I just ask you/she get on here in 12 months time and give a review. As a once three year user of Android I can tell you that the honeymoon is MUCH nicer than the end result. It's why I switched.
    06-09-2014 09:24 AM
    What did she use before the S5?
    Atrix 2

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    06-09-2014 09:53 AM
    If she likes it, cool. I just ask you/she get on here in 12 months time and give a review. As a once three year user of Android I can tell you that the honeymoon is MUCH nicer than the end result. It's why I switched.
    No, no, no, no, NO! You NEVER ask a woman to justify a purchase. Just say "honey, I'm glad you're happy" and be done with it.

The best you can do after a year is say "honey, I think we're eligible for an upgrade. How's your phone doing?"
    06-09-2014 09:55 AM
    Please people, seriously STOP going to the ANDROID section if the forum and being rude? Its uncalled for. Secondly, how did your wife make the choice between the GS5 and the One M8? My fiance wanted the GS5 because of the gimmicks. I would have convinced her to wait for the G3 though. Has a larger screen and basically same profile size as the S5. My Fiance got the GS5 when the G3 was still rumored/just announced, so she never had the chance to think about it. That's going to be my next phone! Just waiting for a release date.
    She didn't care what she got. The sview case of all things is what intrigued her. I was tired of buying her last year model phones so bought her something up to date. She loves the phone. Sadly she will only use 50% of its potential.

06-09-2014 09:57 AM
    What colour S5 did she get? I like the gold one.

Here's a picture of an S5 at an AT&T store. I installed the WPCentral app from Google Play.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    She got the black/chrome trimming.

06-09-2014 09:58 AM
    No, no, no, no, NO! You NEVER ask a woman to justify a purchase. Just say "honey, I'm glad you're happy" and be done with it.

The best you can do after a year is say "honey, I think we're eligible for an upgrade. How's your phone doing?"
    Lol. She doesn't want WP. Yet... She the kind of people WP won't win over without certain apps. Especially Frost Bank. They finally just got mobile deposit on Android and she hasn't looked back. That alone would keep her from switching

06-09-2014 10:01 AM
    Banking app that you can use on the cloud and monitor all your accounts and things.. I use Mint to watch my bank accounts on windows phone and its on PC as well because its made by INTUIT, a trusted company. Have you tried Mint?
    Doesn't Intuit also make Quickbooks....I'm pretty sure they do.
    06-09-2014 10:32 AM

LOL x2
    From a man who has gone before!

Probably the most prudent advice in this thread.
    06-09-2014 11:37 AM
    LOL x2
    From a man who has gone before!

Probably the most prudent advice in this thread.
    What can I say? My current wife is the recipient of all the wisdom I gained from my 1st train wreck, I mean marriage. Here's another nugget of wisdom, steer CLEAR of red-heads! Everything they say about them is true. No offense to any of the fine red headed ladies on this forum.
    06-09-2014 11:57 AM
    i also have samsung S5, i feel good to use it .the phone worth the price
    06-21-2014 03:44 AM
    My new work phone is an S5, have to say it's really good. Been a lover of Nokia and MS for a long time but even though I kept my old 1020 work phone i'm getting better pictures with the S5. Maybe not the same quality of the 1020 but i'm never missing a picture with my 10yr old running around. If MS can give us the same optics as the 1020 with a serious speed boost for taking pics it would be unbeatable.
    06-21-2014 04:15 AM
    I have it on test and really isn't bad overall but camera is great. It takes pictures so fast and they are amazing, at least outdoors. BUT, lag is noticeable. I expected something more in terms of performance. But Iove camera and AMOLED screen.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk
    06-21-2014 04:36 AM
    My new work phone is an S5, have to say it's really good. Been a lover of Nokia and MS for a long time but even though I kept my old 1020 work phone i'm getting better pictures with the S5. Maybe not the same quality of the 1020 but i'm never missing a picture with my 10yr old running around. If MS can give us the same optics as the 1020 with a serious speed boost for taking pics it would be unbeatable.
    My next upgrade will be an S5. I love my 1020, but the camera is too slow for real world application. The WP experience has degraded tremendously in my opinion. The everyday experience on my Samsung Focus is more satisfying than what I get using my 1020.
    06-21-2014 05:18 AM
    My next upgrade will be an S5. I love my 1020, but the camera is too slow for real world application. The WP experience has degraded tremendously in my opinion. The everyday experience on my Samsung Focus is more satisfying than what I get using my 1020.
    I would agree, i've taken hundreds of photos over the years and mostly on WP phones but i've probably missed so many golden moments that i have lost count.

I took the S5 and 1020 down to our beach park to play with my son and i could just leave it recording video and take pictures at the same time which meant i didn't lose anything. I'd hate to lose my 1020 but the S5 camera performance just leaves it in the dust, it's a shame as the tech and quality is all there it's just not fast enough for normal picture taking in fast environments.

There's no way my son would sit still long enough for me to grab a decent pic so the speed on the S5 is a big plus.
    etad putta likes this.
    06-21-2014 04:28 PM
41 12