Just bought my wife the Galaxy S5

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Pretty impressive with Touch Wiz features. I love the AMOLED screen. I bought her the pink SView case. All cheap fake leather. How Samsung make premium phone with sub par build needs to dramatically change for the next line up. But I actually like the phone after messing with it. Used and app to load her text and Google made everything else much easier. Glad WP improved on this cause it was much needed. Sense is much much lighter than Touch Wiz. I like both of these. I wish we waited for the G3 for her but that would had been too much phone. S5 already is.

Very nice phone overall.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Pretty impressive with Touch Wiz features. I love the AMOLED screen. I bought her the pink SView case. All cheap fake leather. How Samsung make premium phone with sub par build needs to dramatically change for the next line up. But I actually like the phone after messing with it. Used and app to load her text and Google made everything else much easier. Glad WP improved on this cause it was much needed. Sense is much much lighter than Touch Wiz. I like both of these. I wish we waited for the G3 for her but that would had been too much phone. S5 already is.

Very nice phone overall.

What is WP?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]There will be no further comments directed at the OP implying that he does not have the right to post or that he deserves to get 'flamed' for mentioning an Android device.

The OP has posted in the appropriate forum here.

As long as people are respectful, we welcome members who use any and all devices and platforms.[/WARN]

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Cool Laura my mistake. Question for the OP.

Why Android over WP?

Please don't say apps. Thanks

I have stated my reason in the previous thread I posted about me buying myself the HTC One M8. It's not Android over WP cause anyone who knows me on here knows I prefer WP OS over Android. My wife however is a droid user and the apps she use simply just aren't there. Same with me. I've taken a break from WP until WP comes to better light. I've been enjoying the better apps using Android again after 2 years.

As for my wife she wanted the S5. I bought her the S5. If she wants a WP I'll buy her a WP. When she's ready, I'll advise her but until then, her choice is not up for me to debate.

After playing with it. I like it.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
[WARN]There will be no further comments directed at the OP implying that he does not have the right to post or that he deserves to get 'flamed' for mentioning an Android device.

The OP has posted in the appropriate forum here.

As long as people are respectful, we welcome members who use any and all devices and platforms.[/WARN]

Thank you Laura. I don't even know what was posted nor care. Sad.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i am just curious. I am a heavy user of Apple products. When I have iOS questions I post on imoore.

Why post this on WP forums?

Whats the agenda?

No more questions. Fair enough?

It doesn't sound like the OP has any agenda (or any questions). I've seen posts mentioning getting Windows Phones on Android Central, getting Androids on iMore, etc. The way I see it is that it might be more beneficial to post a question about a device or platform in the site forums for that device/platform, and I've already provided links when people have specific questions (for example, in one thread on the iMore forums, someone asked about the 'do not disturb' aka 'blocking mode' on the SGS5; I posted the link to the Android Central tip). However, if there are no questions, and someone just mentions a new device acquired, the post really could belong on any of the Mobile Nations' forum sites.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
MSFT trails as of yet on Mobile. My wishes hopefully in the future. You and fam will be sold to MSFT.

I need to find a MSFT forums. That only feeds me MSFT news.

Fair enough. Enjoy...

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
i am just curious. I am a heavy user of Apple products. When I have iOS questions I post on imoore.

Why post this on WP forums?

Whats the agenda?

No more questions. Fair enough?

I don't have questions. I post on two forums. I post here cause compare the two OS and favor Windows. So naturally I post here. As I've said read my previous thread

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
MSFT trails as of yet on Mobile. My wishes hopefully in the future. You and fam will be sold to MSFT.

I need to find a MSFT forums. That only feeds me MSFT news.

Fair enough. Enjoy...

You obviously have not read anything from me before

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you try playing royal revolt 2 on your wife's s5? my 920 battery life sucks especially when playing royal revolt 2.

Nah no games. I just set it up for her. I liked the screen being closer to the 1520.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Why Android over WP?

Please don't say apps. Thanks

I also bought a HTC One M8 to use for now. I do love my Lumia 1520. But I am not going to change banks because the bank I have been with for years and am very happy with, doesn't have a WP app. (It has informed their tech team, but that may never come to pass. But then who knows, they just got the Android, iOS and Mobile page a couple months ago)

Also, I keep bothering Quicken to get a WP app, that isn't getting me very far either. And WP does not have a banking app that will sync with the cloud that I can actually use on my laptop. Where with Quicken, whatever I enter on my phone, sync's with the app on my laptop and the other way too.

I love the 1520, but it will now become my backup phone, where the M8 will be my daily driver. And I will keep emailing, tweeting to the companies I want a WP app, to keep it in their minds. So apps are a big thing with those who return to Android/iOS and for those who don't want to come to WP. Until MS is on even playing ground in the apps department, it will never grow enough to be a threat to the other two. It is growing at a faster pace, but not fast enough.

Last edited:

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel you OP. I had to go back to Droid after ComiXology pulled out on WP8...I need my comics. I was holding on for the longest to come back, but I just put my beloved Yellow Lumia 920 up for auction. I will miss her. I'm going to pick up the LG G3 and SP3 and hope to be able to come back to WP sometime next year.

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Banking app that you can use on the cloud and monitor all your accounts and things.. I use Mint to watch my bank accounts on windows phone and its on PC as well because its made by INTUIT, a trusted company. Have you tried Mint?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)